By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XV will be exclusive on PS4. Sony co-developing - rumour

vs13 has the KH kiddies in its corner so yea it will do 1 mil.

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:
TripleRoxas said:

1. The Final Fantasy brand has been greatly damaged because of the shortcomings of past FF games. As a result, Final Fantasy games will no longer have a million plus openings.

Lol. FFvs13(ff15) will do at least 1 mil in NA and at least 1 mil in Japan first week, on a single console ps4 or ps3

Final Fantasy never had a one million opening in North America. Final Fantasy XIII was the fastest selling Final Fantasy with 1.3 million (Xbox 360  PS3) with one month sales (March).

http://www.techhive.com/article/194372/march_2010_game_sales.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/03/final-fantasy-xiii-sales-in-north-america-top-1-million/1

"Square Enix says sales of their long-awaited role-playing game Final Fantasy XIII topped 1 million in its first five days in North America"

you are very desperate trying to prove your point indeed

I'm glad, because when it fails I'll be happy to see the demise of square.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Max King of the Wild said:
Vinniegambini said:
TripleRoxas said:

1. The Final Fantasy brand has been greatly damaged because of the shortcomings of past FF games. As a result, Final Fantasy games will no longer have a million plus openings.

Lol. FFvs13(ff15) will do at least 1 mil in NA and at least 1 mil in Japan first week, on a single console ps4 or ps3

Final Fantasy never had a one million opening in North America. Final Fantasy XIII was the fastest selling Final Fantasy with 1.3 million (Xbox 360  PS3) with one month sales (March).

http://www.techhive.com/article/194372/march_2010_game_sales.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/03/final-fantasy-xiii-sales-in-north-america-top-1-million/1

"Square Enix says sales of their long-awaited role-playing game Final Fantasy XIII topped 1 million in its first five days in North America"

you are very desperate trying to prove your point indeed

My comment was directed to the commenter who was talking Final Fantasy' performance on Sony platforms; hence my answer of Final Fantasy never having a one million opening in North America (directed to Sony platforms). Final Fantasy XIII was the fastest selling Final Fantasy title with 1.3 million through combined sales of Xbox 360 + PS3 for the month of March.

FFXIII sold 828k in North America in March on PS3, not a ONE MILLION in one week.

Furthermore, I believe it is you that needs to sit down a take a breather and understand the points that I have brought forth in our previous discussions.

- Final Fantasy XV will have a budget that will surpass FFX (which cost 33 million).

- Final Fantasy brand has been greatly damaged throughout the years

- Final Fantasy XV will have a hard time breaking the one million barrier in its first week if one is to believe that it will be available only on PS4 as it will have a limited install base

- The costs including R&D, Marketing, Production will make this the most expensive Final Fantasy ever.

Soriku said:
Ji99saw said:
I'm glad, because when it fails I'll be happy to see the demise of square.

Why would it fail?

150 mill budget, more than 6 years of development and releasing on a install base 0, how could it not fail?

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Soriku said:
twesterm said:
Well, at least that makes me have higher hopes that the game will release within the next five years *and* they might actually occasionally show gameplay at press events!

If I were being hopeful, I would also hope that they take the gameplay in a new direction. Turn based combat (and even the newer turn based combat like FFXIII had) is just outdated. In 1996 you couldn't have characters flip around and do awesome stuff, in 2013 you can. It just makes it so bad when you put something like, say, FFXIII and Uncharted next to each other where you're actually doing the crazy stuff.

Versus has always been an action RPG. Did you watch the 2011 trailer?

Anyway, we'll see...

• IF SE can stop with the crappy emo protagonist crap.
  • IF SE can actually provide a good story and good characters.
  • IF SE will actually accept Sony's help on how to make an action game and not some really bad hybrid or some generic attempt.

I can understand not wanting the emo personality although I don't know if the Japanese would complain that much about it to begin with. But we can't also expect a western-like type of personality because Square is not going to alienate the Japanese fans. I have this notion that somehow the characters that could click in Japan are those that are either sentimental but look badass, or the extremely funny ones.

About the Sony hands in the project (if that is really the case), we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. Maybe their help for Square is a about money and/or getting stuff done in the PS4 machine. Sony may not necessarily have any involvement in the creative aspect of the game.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

holy hell! megaton, This game is now on my hype list

007BondAgent said:

Advice: don't get hyped about this yet.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
007BondAgent said:

Advice: don't get hyped about this yet.

true.. heh, guess i'll just wait for e3 ;)

I feel that this thread has been derailed enough and will start reporting. I dont know how the budget and cost analysis of a Final Fantasy game has anything to do with Sony and the possibility of exclusivity for the next final fantasy on their new console.