By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "gay" = "retarderd"

-edit-

blarg, nevermind, thought this was in the gaming forum for some odd reason. 

Around the Network

I personally feel homosexuals should be called just that.

gay, faggot, fairy all meant something else before the homosexual community stole them and started making fuss about it.

I remember the day you could say, "OMG look at those fairy penguins on the beach, they look so gay collecting those faggots."

Now you can go to jail for saying this kind of thing.

Devil_Survivor said:
People should just stop using "gay" or "retarded" as insults towards anything because it offends gay and people with mental illnesses. Its like just the idiots I watch on youtube who call each other "nigga," its really not needed.

AbbathTheGrim said:
chapset said:
I know you are but what am I

I just wanted to say that everytime I see your sig I picture Wander running straight to that giant chick to climb her and stab the shit outta her.

wtf, reported, unless you mean with your lower horn

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

NintendoPie said:
I've said this time and again, but many people don't agree. I also understand, though, why they don't agree. Retarded shouldn't really be used to insult something or someone as it is (or was) meant to describe a disabled person. This is just plain rude. (Same goes with the use of gay, now.)

What I always wondered is which came first; gay meaning 'happy' or gay meaning homosexual?

I agree.

'Gay' meant happy, for I don't know how long.  The term started meaning a code word for homosexual during prohibition.  It was a code word to get into the speakeasies - like an early gay bar.  “So, are you gay?” was like a password to get in, and it took.

The police were still legally harassing gay people and gay bars in big ‘liberal’ cities even like Los Angeles still in the 70’s.  They wanted to protect themselves.

I was taught not to make fun of the people for the way they were, but it was ok to make fun of the stupid things they did. (espicaly if they knew better!)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Devil_Survivor said:
People should just stop using "gay" or "retarded" as insults towards anything because it offends gay and people with mental illnesses. Its like just the idiots I watch on youtube who call each other "nigga," its really not needed.

You do know "idiot" is a term for a person with mental retardation right?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Meh, who cares here in 'murica I have freedom of speech so when my anger gets the best of my I say the craziest things; like, gay slurs and retarded slurs, it just is so fun to say naughty things.

chapset said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
chapset said:
I know you are but what am I

I just wanted to say that everytime I see your sig I picture Wander running straight to that giant chick to climb her and stab the shit outta her.

wtf, reported, unless you mean with your lower horn

I am afraid my lower horn would get stomped by that thing the moment I draw out.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Its not what you say is how you say it. I hope people would still be free to use any word they want in the future but the politically correct crown is banning everything.

Well both terms are negative to begin with so are used for things you don't like just to emphasise the fact that you don't like it.

With that said I don't use gay or retarded in my negative slurs. If I do use the term gay, that is because I generally mean that is gay (homosexual). I dont come across gay people or gay things often so I don't need to use it.

When i do use gay its because a fella is acting girly or camp. Camp people in general just piss me off, but even then i dont really use the term gay, but batty man.

Nothing against them kind of people i just don't like camps. Same way I don't like other types of people.
Retarded is a term i have never used. I have also never heard anyone use it. It is probably an USA thing.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st