By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Dont Like Mass Effect at all

the story and dialouge are good but i dont understand how people can like a game if the gameplay sucks. sometimes my left trigger just doesnt work for no reason, the games action to rpg ratio is completely unbalanced, the characters show no emotion, and there is no strategy to the combat. all you have to is enter a room and stand in the doorway and hold r till everyone is dead. u dont even have to aim because theres auto aim.i also dont like jade empire or any american rpgs. never played kotor never will

Play B3yond

Around the Network

good for you!
heres a cookie, also the game is not that easy.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

You crazy!!

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

I suspect that maybe you just don't like WRPG's period. Given you fairly inaccurately described every feature that you mentioned, I'd say you didn't give the game anything a resembling a fair go, that is if you've actually played it at all.

For starters the left trigger issue is a problem with your controller, not Mass Effect.

The game contains many emotionally charged moments, though I guess this is the
only part of your rant that could be accepted as subjective opinion (your wrong though:)).

If you walk into a room and hold R your weapon will overheat in a matter of moments and you'll be killed.

And finally, auto aim can be turned off and the difficulty raised numskull:)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

You don't like it because you're a loser.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

You can tell somebody's going to be a worthless member when they come in and in their first or second post they start a thread on how they hate something because it sucks so much according to them.

Another genius who barely has the ability to compose sentences and is going to spend his time becoming another garbage troll making pointless threads.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

erikers said:
You can tell somebody's going to be a worthless member when they come in and in their first or second post they start a thread on how they hate something because it sucks so much according to them.

Another genius who barely has the ability to compose sentences and is going to spend his time becoming another garbage troll making pointless threads.

Yeah, and the mods will let him get away with it, because they're to busy kissing Nintendo's ass.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

JBoogie said:
the story and dialouge are good but i dont understand how people can like a game if the gameplay sucks. sometimes my left trigger just doesnt work for no reason, the games action to rpg ratio is completely unbalanced, the characters show no emotion, and there is no strategy to the combat. all you have to is enter a room and stand in the doorway and hold r till everyone is dead. u dont even have to aim because theres auto aim.i also dont like jade empire or any american rpgs. never played kotor never will

Lol...you can tell everyone is in a great mood tonight, eh?  I think your problem is that you just don't like Western RPG's...Many traditionalist RPG lovers find Western RPG's more like action games (which they are) with a few RPG elements like leveling up, character customization, etc.  I enjoy Western RPG's, but I enjoy JRPG & SRPG's better.  Too each his own.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

erikers said:

ROTFL! This has to be one of the most prophetic posts I have ever seen. This post, FTW!

@ OT - You know, Mass Effect isn't for everyone. It's long, it's intense and it can be hard, but hay, a lot of folks don't like Wiis either. No emotions? Yeah - you haven't played the game for more than 10 minutes tops. 

However, based on your comments, you haven't played it past the first scenes on the ship.

And the left controller is doing crazy things? Well - maybe you will enjoy the game when you can play it. 

Have you tried any difficulty other than easy?