By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - A forbidden topic – Favorite Kinect ‘Gems’

Zappykins said:
Chark said:

I don't have one and my brother with a 360 is pretty against it, especially when games like Steel Batallion turned out the way they did. It's those kind of games that keeps kinect's rep down. I think what you might be trying to tackle in this thread might not really be about kinect at all, but motion games/dance/workout/etc. So if it is a contribution let me add I hate dance games (right now my sig shows a Just Dance trophy, I was trying it out with my wife and unlocked while playing the demo tracks). Most of the time motion controlls in games are extremely inconvienant or poorly implemented. Sports Champions is pretty good and I generally like action/sports/exercise gaming. The Wii Fit is the best thing about that console in my opinion, the idea of having a yoga trainer, workout device that tracks stats and monitors progress is great. It's like having the best weight scale in the world that encourages you to workout or at least improve your balance.

In general I just haven't seen anything on the kinect that looks interesting, but I don't own one or a 360 to really make the jump into kinect titles.

I really like my Wii Fit too, but since I got Kinect, haven't really used it.  It just can't keep up with what Kinect can do.

Would be really curious of what you thought of Nike Trainer or Biggest Loser Kinect (It has some Yoga and DLC for Polities.)  I personally think it most cases it works much better than Wii Fit.  Especially for something like Yoga where a coach is really helpful.

Personally I've tried Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 (and 2012) and those are really good.

Around the Network

Puss in Boots ( http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/puss-in-boots ) and Kung Fu High Impact are some overlooked but fun games.

I can not bring myself into buying a kinect, personally i dont like motion controls that much but ive always been a little curious about Kinect Sports. it looks pretty fun

Oh and the nike fitness game

I still consider kinect a missed opportunity. whatever, I think the gun stringer is decent.

JayWood2010 said:

I can not bring myself into buying a kinect, personally i dont like motion controls that much but ive always been a little curious about Kinect Sports. it looks pretty fun

I read that at first as "Naked Fitness Game" and I was really wondering what kind of parties are you having!

It's not just motion, but also voice.  And not just voice in a game, but voice doing things for your and making life more convienant.

(Although, I realize I want more, like to able to tell your TV to turn the volume down, or mute a commercial.  If you are wondering how someone coudl talk to their Kinect when the TV is on, it is because Kinect filters out the sound from the TV and just listens to what is begin said.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
JayWood2010 said:

I read that at first as "Naked Fitness Game" and I was really wondering what kind of parties are you having!

It's not just motion, but also voice.  And not just voice in a game, but voice doing things for your and making life more convienant.

(Although, I realize I want more, like to able to tell your TV to turn the volume down, or mute a commercial.  If you are wondering how someone coudl talk to their Kinect when the TV is on, it is because Kinect filters out the sound from the TV and just listens to what is begin said.)

lmao the really good parties ;P

Yeah, i think kinect will have a place in gaming for party games especially.  But the "better with Kinect" games will work well too.  I think one way they could implement Kinect with hardcore games is with illumi room.  If they compine the three (Controller, Kinect, and illumi room) they could do head tracking.  Like let's say you are playing in skyrim.  well Illumi room will have your surroundings around you right?  well you could turn your head left and right across your room and kinect could track your head.  I dont know exactly if that would work but it is a start haha.  But yeah kinect is hated on but i dont think it is right to be greedy and bash on something just because hardcore gamers dont like it.  If you are having friends over or having a party, kinect is what i would call on.  Kinect is great for parties and anybody can have fun on them, not just the hardcore gamers.