By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii High-Definition

OMG Wouldn't it be awesome if wii was HD??? And it had a hard drive? And a better graphics card??? And $60 games?? And normal controllers??? And looked like a grill?? and costs $600 ???? Oh wait they already released a system like that.

Around the Network
z64dan said:
Oh wait they already released a system like that.

I quote only this part, because there is a lot of bashing in the other.

To answer : indeed.

I don't care if there are mutlimedia capabilities in my consoles. What annoys me is when i have to pay for them, because there is no way i will use them ... 

So, and all IMO of course :

- Wii HD (in the sense of HD reading) : no interest.

- DVD play back : good choice from Nintendo not to put it inside from the get-go.

-  BR in PS3 : Does not appeal to me, and is certainly a part of the price of the console.

WiiGirl76 said:

Seriously I don't give a crap about DVD playback or not. HD GFX might be fun but it's not a priority to me. I'd rather see first a Demo channel, when is that finally going to come?! I hear the PS3 owners downloading all sorts of demo's even from different regions sites and what do we WII owners have... nothing, only a stupid voting channel. Stop talking, do something! I'd rather see more functionality about games then all that other stuff.

QFT

I would like that you could play VC and Demo games from SD-cards.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

All people wanting a demo channel should mail their request to Nintendo if it's not done already. So that they see there is demand for that. There's no indication they're working on a channel like this one.

what I'd like is for Nintendo to stop limiting VC games by region. No TGfx on Australia VC? What the hell is Nintendo doing?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:
what I'd like is for Nintendo to stop limiting VC games by region. No TGfx on Australia VC? What the hell is Nintendo doing?

Its unfortunate, but its a cost reason. There is a legal obligation for Nintendo to pass every VC title through the OFLC (office film literature classification) - and it costs at *least* $350 (or so) for every title classified (and as much as $550).

It doesn't sound like a lot, but with the more obscure titles Nintendo would not make a profit (in Australia). They can always do it in the future - but for now they have plenty of titles they can draw on that cost nothing. Im still hopeful they bring some of these unreleased titles to the VC at some point.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

OriGin said:
DVD channel will become available for sale for $15 - $25 in the Wii Shop Channel eventually - MARK MY WORDS.

That would be pretty cool - I might be tempted into it (although it would be completely unnecessary). If they could get the Wiimote working properly as a "pointer" for DVD menus... now that would be cool (and probably impossible).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
OriGin said:
DVD channel will become available for sale for $15 - $25 in the Wii Shop Channel eventually - MARK MY WORDS.

That would be pretty cool - I might be tempted into it (although it would be completely unnecessary). If they could get the Wiimote working properly as a "pointer" for DVD menus... now that would be cool (and probably impossible).

Why would the Wiimote not work properly for DVD menus?  It seems just fine to me for other menus.

The biggest issue Nintendo needs to do something about is storage.  Until that issue is fixed licensing fees and whatever pointer problems the Wiimote has don't matter.

I believe there were talks/plans about having a Wii revision capable of playing DVDs that would be released later (possibly when they reduce the cost of the Wii console, so the DVD enabled Wii will not jack the price up, but rather keep it at the same price, and have the original Wii drop to $199 without the Wii Sports Pack-in).

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161611.html  

didn't the original xbox have capabilities of doing 720p? SO in theory the wii should be able to do it. However the only way the wii IMHO will have HD is if it releases a new model later down the track with more grunt. (unlikely they will since they are cheap).