By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

SMG will sell 15 million with 100 million Wii sell

Around the Network

To quote John Lennon, I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round. Except instead of wheels, it's Crazzyman's absurd logic.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

CrazzyMan said:

Now, i went to look at Super Mario Sunshine sales. Then looked at Super Mario Galaxy sales.

5.91 mln. SMS with 21.5 mln. GC sold.
5.35 mln. SMG with 20 mln. Wii sold.

SMS: -------------------------------------------------------------------- SMG:
Japan: 0.87 mln.(with 100k in last 90 weeks in Japan) - Japan: 0.88 mln.(i expect to reach 1.1 mln.)
USA: 3.73 mln. ------------------------------------------------------ USA: 2.90 mln. (legs are declining will reach 4.1 mln.)
Europe: 1.31 mln. -------------------------------------------------- Europe: 1.57 mln. (will reach 2.1 mln.)

Total: 7 mln. (6 mln. bought by mario fans) + 1 mln. new gamers.

If SMS did 6 mln., then with SMG making 7 mln. Wouldn`t that mean, that 85% of wii owners are mario/nintendo fans?
Because I DON`T see SMG reaching 12 mln.
Even 8 mln. to me are hard to beat(looking at 16k SMG in Japan).
+Now i am looking at Gears Of War sales. 2.2 mln. in first 10 weeks + 1 mln. in europe. With 20-50k legs on 11th week vs probably 60-70k of SMG(which of course will make 7 mln. vs 5 mln. geow).

Maybe i created this thread a bit too early, because legs really went down only in Japan(when SMG Reached SMS numbers), BUT i noticed that now, so.. =)

And READ - SPECULATIONS.

Did you just compare the legs of a game like Gears to Mario? 

Gears of War has something new in its genre every 2 months practically, whens the next major platformer coming out?  Answer:  Whenever the next Mario game is released =P

Mario's legs will be significantly better than Gears if for no other reason than it will be the most recent top shelf entry into the genre for a long time, and that doesn't even get into the fact that it is a main series Mario game or Nostalgia etc...

To Each Man, Responsibility

Logic...slowly draining...must...ESCAPE!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

@stof, well you can look at gears of war sales, they also declined in January.

Also i saying, that when SMG sales reached SMS sales in Japan, the legs significally declined, look at SMG graphic in Japan.

In europe SMG doing pretty good(that`s why SMG will reach 7 mln. in total sales), but eventually sales also will decrease like any other game sales.

Overall, SMG sales are very close to SMS sales. it will take atleast 2 month. in usa and europe, to prove that overall SMG won`t reach 12 mln., while reaching similar to SMS level numbers will only prove that Wii by 85% bought by nintendo fans.

@pichu_pichu, since when you compare handheld game sales to home game sales?It`s like apple sales to compare with pens.

@Sqrl, yeah i compare and said, that geow sold 5 mln. and SMG will make 7 mln., because of it`s better sales and a little better legs + sales in japan.
And yet 16k SMG in Japan.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Crazzyman is crazy.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

@dtewi

I have my moods....

+ I;m buying (well looking, frantically refreshing the amazon uk page 3 times a min) a wii...

But SONY PS3 comes first....

It's Xbox I'm against

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Considering it was the #1 game in the US last week it might be alittle early to start talking about SMG's decline.

@crazzyman

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Super+Mario+Sunshine+-+GC&reg2=All&game2=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=400

HERE

lest COMPARE the games in a same timeframe....

you've just been wii-owned

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

You think Mario is only going to sell under 2½ million more, but Uncharted is sure to double its current sales? Now you're just being crazzy.