By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

Whatever, less fanboyish.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Also don't forget attach ratio.

SMS= 25%

Wii will sell 100 million. Subtract 5-10% due to a new market:

SMG= 15-20 Million.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

CrazzyMan said:
@stof, well you can look at gears of war sales, they also declined in January.

Also i saying, that when SMG sales reached SMS sales in Japan, the legs significally declined, look at SMG graphic in Japan.

In europe SMG doing pretty good(that`s why SMG will reach 7 mln. in total sales), but eventually sales also will decrease like any other game sales.

Overall, SMG sales are very close to SMS sales. it will take atleast 2 month. in usa and europe, to prove that overall SMG won`t reach 12 mln., while reaching similar to SMS level numbers will only prove that Wii by 85% bought by nintendo fans.

Actually, it'd be more accurate to say that SMG sales in 12 weeks are very close to SMS sales Lifetime.

Your Japan argument still ignores 2 very important things. 1. IT'S JANUARY! All game sales decline unless they're Wiifit! And secondly, Sunshine's sales are largely reflective of the console itself, which fizzled and faded away in Japan. The Wii's already outsold the Cube and they won't be stopping anytime soon. I still expect Japan to be Galaxy's weakest market, but it'll be substantially better than Sunshine.

And wait... I don't even know what the heck your last sentence means. Is it that hard to believe that Mario Galaxy is just an incredibly fun game that appeals to a lot of people? 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

darthdevidem01 said:
@crazzyman

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Super+Mario+Sunshine+-+GC&reg2=All&game2=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=400

HERE

lest COMPARE the games in a same timeframe....

you've just been wii-owned

Actually Darth, those SMS numbers only include Japan. So with Just Japan factored in, it looks like this

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&reg2=Japan&game2=Super+Mario+Sunshine+-+GC&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Could you just ban him? He's an annoying fanboyish logic-ignoring nuisance.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Well I guess his name outta sum up who he is. It makes sense after reading this.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

• Mario Party 8 (Wii) 4.35 Million
  • Mario Party (N64) 2.70 Million
  • Mario Party 4 (Gamecube) 2.44 Million

• Super Paper Mario (Wii) 2.12 Million
  • Paper Mario 2 (Gamecube) 1.95 Million
  • Paper Mario (N64) 1.38 Million

In almost all cases, games on the Wii are outselling their Gamecube counterparts while being on the market for a fraction of the time.

CraZzyMan. USE PROPER SENTENCE STRUCTURE AND GRAMMAR.

How old are you anyway?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Super Mario Galaxy has nearly outsold Sunshine in 3 months. I seriously doubt the game is going to lose its legs anytime soon. It launched singificantly weaker than Sunshine in Japan but has since passed the total sold in far less time.
And SMS sold 100k in last 90 weeks.
SMG will sell 15 million with 100 million Wii sell
Ratchet will reach 3 mln. with 100 mln. ps3. YES! =))
Considering it was the #1 game in the US last week it might be alittle early to start talking about SMG's decline.
I said that too in first post.
lest COMPARE the games in a same timeframe....[/.quote]@darthdevidem01, Japan sales vs ALL. =)) [quote]You think Mario is only going to sell under 2½ million more, but Uncharted is sure to double its current sales? Now you're just being crazzy.
Uncharted is NEW IP, while Super Mario is NOT, and BASED on SMS sales i compare SMG sales.

@stof,
Actually, it'd be more accurate to say that SMG sales in 12 weeks are very close to SMS sales Lifetime.
With 20 mln. Wii and 21,5 mln. GC. Very LOGICAL.

Your Japan argument still ignores 2 very important things. 1. IT'S JANUARY! All game sales decline unless they're Wiifit! And secondly, Sunshine's sales are largely reflective of the console itself, which fizzled and faded away in Japan.
So how much you expect to sell SMG in next 16 weeks in Japan, USA and Europe?
The Wii's already outsold the Cube and they won't be stopping anytime soon.
Actually not yet, still 1,5 mln. behind, of`course not for long.
And wait... I don't even know what the heck your last sentence means. Is it that hard to believe that Mario Galaxy is just an incredibly fun game that appeals to a lot of people?
Then why THAT incredible game didn`t made over 10 mln. yet, instead of 5? Maybe because mariofans mostly bought it?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I must applaud crazzyman. His ability to use as many facts and figures with as little logic as possible is astounding.

I miss the good old days when people would just argue with no logic and no facts. Now he uses plenty of facts which draw you in expecting a rational valid argument but no logic behind any of them, just horrid "speculation" peppered with abbreviated games like DMC4 RE5 MGS4 FFXIII and little =) =) =) to make the post seem less hostile.

And "marioboys" seriously??? I know English isn't your native language so I can excuse the horrid grammar and spelling but if you can't speak a language that well don't try to come up with lame insults using it.