By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

Hey guys... but only marioboys buy mario games how can that statement not be true you have to give the man some credit.... so going by his "logic?"

Super Mario Bros 3 sold over 17 million copies... so there, super mario galaxy will sell that.... thanks crazzyman for enlightening us. The bare minimun would be 11 million because of mario64... but seeing as user base impacts the ownership of mario

62 million nes 17 million mario 3.... 27%
50 million Snes 20 million mario world... 40% (but some copies of mario world were bundled even though not all of them as I myself bought it as a separate game...)
32 million n64 11 million mario 64... 34%
21 million GCN 6 million Mario sshine... 28%

80 million Wii (bare minimun for wii even though i think it will go over 110 million)
with a bare minimun of 27% by this "logic" of mine And We give 21 million copies of super mario galaxy...

There, this is going by that logic of crazzyman But you know since im a nice guy i will concede 7% of attach ratio (even though mario in a consolehas never been under 27) and we end up with a nice round number of 16 million;)

Around the Network

^yeah that makes sense i think there is a 85% chance it will outsell mario 64

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

bump for hilarity.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
nordlead said:
Fastrabbit09 said:
what surprises me is how crazzy says he's tired of same old games and only is looking forward to 2 games this gen, yet he's a ps3 fan...most of us that are tired of the same old games each year are wii fans as it provides a new and refreshing experience...new genres that can't be done with the old controls

No, what is really supprising (yet not really) is that even though he is tired of the "same old", he is waiting for the 13th game in the main series of Final Fantasy . At least mario is only on the 7th game of the main series.

That does crack me up actually: 

Can you show me GTA4, CoD4, AC, SC4, SH5, RE5, DMC4 Wii versions? =))
Developers are NOT going to abandon ps3/x360.

Waiting for:

GTA4?

CoD4?

SC4?

RE5?

DMC4?

All those numbers signify sequels to me

CrazzyMan said:

@Oyvoyvoyv,

Most casuals would buy SSBB, MK and SMG.
Most hardcore would buy SSBB, MK and SMG.
THEN selling trend of SMG would be like SMB. BUT it`s NOT.
It`s not selling like SMB, which wasn`t DECLINING that much after first 12 weeks.
That`s why it`s all pointless what you wrote.
Though i agree with what you wrote, BUT it`s NOT that case with SMG and Wii, atleast fow now.
Oh, and Crazzy, just so you know it, the reason the last one is so low (on your graph) is because this week only includes EU)

In europe sales went from 65k to 50k.
In japan they were 16k (you expect increase, yes?)
in usa 82k, and 100k week before.
It`s DECLINING and FASTER then SMB.

This will be even MORE interesting with SSBB, with making over 1 mln. in 1-2 weeks. =)

Dude, are you on drugs?

Have you noticed we just went through a holiday season? And it's finished? And ALL game sales decline after holidays? Seriously, slow down with the whacky tobaccy there! Maybe in a couple of months when you see the sales levels are at pretty much the same numbers you will realise that the slow down in galaxy sales are just seasonal.

down 15k in Europe and 20k in America? Wow, how many games experience such small drops coming off the holidays?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Dude come on, the Wii just a fad that's going to die down any minute now. Then BAM! PS3 domination. It'll hit you so fast and hard you'll be blinded by the sheer Blu intensity of it... in HD! PS3s will be flying off the shelves so fast you'll have to duck or get your head cut off. And on one day, all Wii owners will throw away their Wiis causing a massive garbage overflow which somehow all gets sent to New Jersery causing the locals to rename the entire city Wii Jersey as discarded Wiis flow through the streets like a raging river in what will eventually be named "The running of the Wiis." Also on that day, the hardcore overrun the casuals in a bloody massacre that shall forever be known to future generations as the release of Metal Gear Solid 4. Be afraid. Be very afraid. PS3 domination is coming... in HD! Dun. Dun. Dun.
(stolen from Words of Wisdom on another thread)

LOL

Quoted for Truth!

Guys, just read my last posts in this thread and you'll understand why crazzy man hates Nintendo. ROFL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

crazzy, if you really believe this, then make me this bet:

i believe that SMG will sell at least 2 million copies WW this holiday season...that is the week of black friday/thanksgiving through the week of new year's eve...add the sales of each of those weeks up and it'll total >= 2 million WW sales

if you really believe that SMG will fail, then there is no way it can sell 2 million in those 5-6 weeks alone...

do u accept the bet?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

@Fastrabbit09, i can`t make any bets till SMG reach SMS numbers in USA. Then i will consider your offer.
And i expect LTD SMG sales to pass 7 mln.

@nordlead, RTFM, every FF games has NEW world, NEW battle system/upgrade, NEW characters.
How can i get tired of NEW things?

@Girl Gamer Elite, i will feel sorry for you after BIG ps3 games releases. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

^^Tired of getting proven completely wrong in the other thread, eh?

"How can i get tired of NEW things?"

Every Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. has new kinds of gameplay as well. So, according to you, continuing a story makes a series repetitive?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."