By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - a request to get rid of the "teams" on vgchartz

I think forums will be like this no matter what regardless of the teams. people just seem to be on edge lately. Anyways Im up for people removing the teams and all as it does promote argueing. I didnt really think it all the way through while creating them.  I never expected them to get as popular as they did either. Im on all of the lists and dont even use them as my sig. i thought it would be fun at first and i havent seen people take it too seriosly. I just hope things cool off here soon

Around the Network

as forest said it is not the first time we have seen teams or the last,game of thrones

Above & Beyond

the console teams should be disbanded to be sure, peasants banding together can lead to revolts and no one wants that.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Seriously I dont see a problem.

I mean who cares if I have a team in my sig etc? You for example have Killzone in your sig and you played Starhawk I am quite sure that you are a PS fan now without you having a TEAM Playstation sig.

So as long as we are allowed to chose Avatars or Sigs with console specific characters/symbols and others can see what we recently played being in a Team actually doesnt change much.

My avatar is doesnt show a preference and my sig is  my own creation that has nothing to do with games at all.  I also have not teamed up with a team at all. Because I dont see much point in doing so xD

EDIT:  I am against a specific group of people   and not for or against a specific console manufacturer  so this might be the reason why I dont have a  PRO-Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft  avatar or sig.

NintendoPie said:
These teams really have nothing to do with it. The start of a new generation and badly made OP's are the reason.

This... I just completely ignore any flamebait topics or badly made OPs...  I think pssh and just leave the page... lol

Around the Network

Well, even IF teams (which I don't see too many people taking so seriously) were a problem there is nothing you can do about it. If a group of people want to share the same sig and what not that's their right. The only way to bring peace is...

a) Be respectful to other people.
b) Ignore trolls.
c) Use the report button when appropriate.

Really, it's that simple.

JazzB1987 said:

Seriously I dont see a problem.

I mean who cares if I have a team in my sig etc? You for example have Killzone in your sig and you played Starhawk I am quite sure that you are a PS fan now without you having a TEAM Playstation sig.

So as long as we are allowed to chose Avatars or Sigs with console specific characters/symbols and others can see what we recently played being in a Team actually doesnt change much.

My avatar is doesnt show a preference and my sig is  my own creation that has nothing to do with games at all.  I also have not teamed up with a team at all. Because I dont see much point in doing so xD

EDIT:  I am against a specific group of people   and not for or against a specific console manufacturer  so this might be the reason why I dont have a  PRO-Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft  avatar or sig.

well see with the reasonable people like you for example, the teams or sigs dont really make a difference. but lets not act like the site isnt filled with extremely biased, unreasonable people who start a lot of shit. but it seems like a lot of the people dont agree with me, so ill just request the thread to be locked. 

Team USA!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I like the Nintendo thread. I haven't seen the Xbox thread in over a week and the I've only looked at the PS thread a few times. But in general I like them.

Locking by request of the OP.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective