By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can I get my ex back?

Here's the situation. I'm in love with a girl but did the following:

#1. Humiliation

We were in a closed relationship and attempted cheating is still cheating. I discovered she planned to immediately sleep with a complete stranger and total pervert from a dating site. They were to meet at Starbucks but he never showed up. I actually found her there, threw the conversation on the table, and said "This terminates our friendship" before leaving.

#2. Excessive contact

I called her a million times and sent her many, freakishly enormous E-mails trying to justify and fix everything. Some were apologetic: "I'm sorry for everything I did. Please forgive me and give me another chance. Just talk to me." Some were criticizing "You treated me like shit. You only think about yourself. You don't care about me. You're manipulative. I hate you." Some were happy "My life is fantastic right now. I'm actually working on a movie and learning how to play the guitar. I hope you're happy." I never swore at her or called her names though. I tried to be reasonable but looking back, the E-mails are definitely obsessive.

#3. Didn't leave her alone

I talked to her and followed her while she was trying to get away. I even tried to block her path and hugged her while saying "I love you. I'm sorry." I thought displaying enough sadness would get compassion in return. I was wrong. She accused me of assault. I explained I technically did not. She tried to convince me otherwise until she sarcastically said I'm right.

#4. Rick Astley Lip Sync

Yes, that's right, I lip synced Never Gonna Give You Up and sent her the video. She hated it. I deleted the original video. Someone else uploaded it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96KD0Yk5Ia8&list=UUTe1DoOi71Rnd6gq0cjNraw&index=2

She also accused me of spreading Internet rumors about her. All I did was link her to my threads here and told her to see what other people think. Regardless of what I said, I never even mentioned her name. I'm prepared to cease all contact for a few months just to see what happens. She told me she never wants to see me again. I don't know if she really means it. I just want to keep in touch with her and will do whatever it takes. She does reply to my E-mails occasionally but mainly in defense or to accuse. Unfortunately we have to share the same bus twice a week. I saw her recently and she was wearing the necklace I gave her shortly after I humiliated her. She even still has my mom and former friend on Facebook, never deleted the comment I left on her wall a long time ago, and never deleted the pictures of us. I asked her if the "assault" is the main reason why she never wants to see me again. She answered "No, it's everything." Can the no contact rule still work if we're forced to see each other twice a week? And what could I do to win her back? I believe that the forceful bus meet can be used as an advantage. This is what I have in mind:

Month #1

I say "Hi" when she sees me and ignore her after that for one month. No E-mails. No phone calls. Nothing but a bus stop "Hi." Either that or I just completely ignore her for one month. Meanwhile I act happy, pretend that nothing bad ever happened, and resume practicing my guitar which she has yet to see. Occasionally I'd also read a book she gave me or draw. I'd basically let her see me do interesting activities. Make her realize what she's missing.

Month #2

Shortly after saying "Hi," I'd approach her and ask a question regarding political news or any other news she'd be interested in. If she tells me to go away I will do so and repeat step #1 again for at least a few weeks.

What do you guys think? How else can I use this situation to my advantage?

Around the Network

She attempted cheating and you're the one who's sorry?

Dude stop posting this nonsense.

You were not in a closed relationship of any kind. You were fuck buddies, she wanted to fuck someone else. Get over it. That's not the girl you want anyway. Find someone with some self-respect and get some yourself.

Sheesh.

I think you look pathetic at this point.

You love girl, she proved she wasn't trust-worthy, you reacted out of anger, you realized you could look past it but then she was already out the door. Then you look over-zealously try to get her back which really just pushes anyone away as no woman wants a man like that.

I say you let it go and if its meant to be she'll come to you.

(´・ω・`) do we have our own Denko story? (´・ω・`)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

1. You did the right thing and that is where you should have stopped but seeing as how you continued here is my opinion.

2. Not only did you show her that you are clingym pathetic, and desperate but she now knows you need her way more than she needs you. All you did was give her confidence to move on. By crying and saying forgive me blah blah only pushed her away ever farther. Kind ironic but true. What you should have done is completely ignored her and had a good time. She would see this and instead of you chasing her she would then be chasing you. At worst she would be the one who is trying to get over you instead of the other way around.

3. More clinginess and by this point you have lost her completely

4. Since you didnt stop at 1 it really would have been great if you would have stopped at 2 because you continue to make the same mistake.

Opinion: Honestly I say no you have pushed her too far away by this point. Maybe she will change her mind but chances are no. Cut all contacts with her and focus on friends and other girls. You will either find someone else or she will see that you no longer need her (which she wants you to need her) and come back to you. Doubtful at this point but I wont rule it out.

Opinion #2: She was going to cheat. by this time she is wasting your time, not the other way around. There is 6.4 billion people in the world. Find someone else. Dont make her out like she is some unique and special snowflake. she is not.

Just stop with this nonsense. You are either trolling the shit out of everyone or you need serious psychiatric help that you are obviously not going to find here.

dsgrue3 said:
Dude stop posting this nonsense.

You were not in a closed relationship of any kind. You were fuck buddies, she wanted to fuck someone else. Get over it. That's not the girl you want anyway. Find someone with some self-respect and get some yourself.

Sheesh.

We were not fuck buddies. We promised to only sleep with each other. Fuck buddies can fuck anyone they want. What's the difference between boyfriend and girlfriend and being exclusive to each other? Just the title? It was not an open relationship. We were boyfriend and girlfriend without the titles.

NiKKoM said:

(´・ω・`) do we have our own Denko story? (´・ω・`)

VGC exclusive. (´・ω・`)

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

You need help, im not trolling but seriously see a psychologist. Your acting very depressed posting all this online, so for your sake, talk to your parents, best friend, somebody annd get some help ASAP. this aint healthy at all bro