By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Aldros - GoW: Ascension REVIEW (NO SPOILERS)

Tagged games:

adriane23 said:
Good review. From what I've played so far (On chapter 14), I completely agree with you about the story or lack thereof. All too often, I have to ask myself, "What is Kratos doing here again?", whenever I kill a boss or get to a new area. Other than that, this is the best God of War to date.

pay attention ;)

Around the Network
Aldro said:
fillet said:
Good review, your score was a foregone conclusion though let's be honest :D But very good review nonetheless and definitely better than a lot on metacritic!

No, my foregone conclusion would be a 10/10 ^_^

The campaign is a 8/10 which I compare to Ghost of Sparta (a PSP game!).

GoW1 in my book is a 9,
GoW2 which is a 9.5 perhaps even a 10,
and GoW3 a 10. (Im a sucker for that epilouge)

But the MP saves it by adding a +1.

So yeah, have to disagree :P. It could have been better and with SSM I never really felt like that.

But then again: The MP is also something I never expect from SSM

Thanks for reading!

LOL, I'd be inclined to agree with your assessment, If it weren't for GoW3, I'd say Ascension would be a 9.5 for me....we've all be spoiled.

Heavenly_King said:
adriane23 said:
Good review. From what I've played so far (On chapter 14), I completely agree with you about the story or lack thereof. All too often, I have to ask myself, "What is Kratos doing here again?", whenever I kill a boss or get to a new area. Other than that, this is the best God of War to date.

pay attention ;)

I'm thinking of DmC2 for some reason...

Heavenly_King said:
adriane23 said:

pay attention ;)

The story needs to keep my attention ;)

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Aldro said:
fillet said:
Good review, your score was a foregone conclusion though let's be honest :D But very good review nonetheless and definitely better than a lot on metacritic!

No, my foregone conclusion would be a 10/10 ^_^

The campaign is a 8/10 which I compare to Ghost of Sparta (a PSP game!).

GoW1 in my book is a 9,
GoW2 which is a 9.5 perhaps even a 10,
and GoW3 a 10. (Im a sucker for that epilouge)

But the MP saves it by adding a +1.

So yeah, have to disagree :P. It could have been better and with SSM I never really felt like that.

But then again: The MP is also something I never expect from SSM

Thanks for reading!

For me its...

GOW 1: 90.2 (Great for it's time and very innovative but some puzzles and levels really pissed me off!)

GOW 2: 92.1 (One of the best games of the 6th gen!)

GOW 3: 93.9 (GOW for PS3. = toal epicness. Only weakness is no MP)

God of War Ascension: 94.6 (So far one of the best games I've played on PS3. Even though the story isn't as good as God of War 2 or 3 it has an epic ending and best combat and spectacular MP)

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
adriane23 said:

pay attention ;)

LOL so true!

If anything I enjoyed the most was indeed the Trial of Archimedes. It's intense but still I don't understand why a patch is required. There are some minor game breaking glitches which might need a fix. It required a restart a couple of times which pissed me off. Not to mention how epic the boss battles are. A clear 9/10 for me.

The beginning with the Snakes and the Shambhala looking forrest before the Snowy Mountains really had me stunned. Even the snakes during the snowy was just oh my god.

It was at that point I realized like: This game is really fucking great and I hope the story picks up and is more prominent (seeming as like up til that point, we had only seen one cutscene which was Orkos telling Kratos to go to the oracle).

While it never delivered in that sense, to me: It really had the best potential to be the best GoW in terms of everything else and the story didn't completely tamper that experience due to the amazing work of the environmental artists and level designers at SSM

Nice review, hell lot better than the critics. Unlike the critics reviews your review is richly detailed, and it actually convinced me to buy God Of War: Ascension.
Off topic; Aldro can you please post some screenshots of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception from the last/Talbot boss fight. I just want you to capture their faces. If it is too much to ask, just don't do it, I don't want to bother you

plaZeHD said:
Nice review, hell lot better than the critics. Unlike the critics reviews your review is richly detailed, and it actually convinced me to buy God Of War: Ascension.
Off topic; Aldro can you please post some screenshots of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception from the last/Talbot boss fight. I just want you to capture their faces. If it is too much to ask, just don't do it, I don't want to bother you

Hey man! Glad you liked it.

I totally would aquire those pics for you if I had a capture card which I don't at the moment :( <3