By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Aldros - GoW: Ascension REVIEW (NO SPOILERS)

Tagged games:

So I think I'm actually going to save money by getting the collector's edition. I paid $20 extra for it, but all I wanted was the steel case and DLC stuff. Well I'm selling my Isaac and Zeus code and the statue with the CE box and that'll all net around $30-40 so I'm definitely going this route in the future. Also Amazon gave me $10 for getting it which I used on the LoU CE, and the Beyond one is regular price for the steel case at Gamestop! God damn I'm getting these all the time now you end up paying half price if you sell the physical stuff other than the steelbook.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
So I think I'm actually going to save money by getting the collector's edition. I paid $20 extra for it, but all I wanted was the steel case and DLC stuff. Well I'm selling my Isaac and Zeus code and the statue with the CE box and that'll all net around $30-40 so I'm definitely going this route in the future. Also Amazon gave me $10 for getting it which I used on the LoU CE, and the Beyond one is regular price for the steel case at Gamestop! God damn I'm getting these all the time now you end up paying half price if you sell the physical stuff other than the steelbook.

Haha nice

Aldro said:
pezus said:
So is the sound broken even if you have a 5.1 system?

It's not really broken, it just.. glitches kinda'. I tried using Dolby Pro, Stereo and Headphones and on my TV: Headphones were the best xD. It didnt really destroy my immersion at all and the sound of the blades were great. (Just put the voice volume to 80 and use Headphones as option lol)

I think they are disk read errors quite frankly.   Because this game is huge and the bluray is quite slow, I bet than when the PSN version arrives next week the game will be quite clean.  I will buy it so, I will be able to tell if there is a difference.

3 copies of GOW:Ascension in the bag :D (Brazilian copy, PSN copy and CE copy)   

Heavenly_King said:
Aldro said:
pezus said:
So is the sound broken even if you have a 5.1 system?

It's not really broken, it just.. glitches kinda'. I tried using Dolby Pro, Stereo and Headphones and on my TV: Headphones were the best xD. It didnt really destroy my immersion at all and the sound of the blades were great. (Just put the voice volume to 80 and use Headphones as option lol)

3 copies of GOW:Ascension in the bag :D (Brazilian copy, PSN copy and CE copy)   

Nice man <3

So far this is the best hack and slash game I've ever come across...and that's saying a lot considering how much I loved the previous installments.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
So far this is the best hack and slash game I've ever come across...and that's saying a lot considering how much I loved the previous installments.

Indeed it is.   As for the epic feeling, it is not as epic as GOW3, due to the fact of being a prequel; but if this game is any indication of how spectacular GOW4 on the PS4 will be, then I am quite happy and hyped.

One problem i had with God of War 3 was the last 2 hours. The game was spectacular but the last 2 hours were only fighting hordes of enemys and the "bad " Zeus fight. The last 2 hours of God of War 3 were really dissapointing in my eyes.And here did Ascension a way better job. Its a thrill from beginning to end with the ending beeing phenomenal and absolutely satisfiying. It may be not as epic as God of War 3but it is way more balanced than God of War 3. Really if the story wasnt so bad told i would give the game a 10 instead of 9 points.

SunofKratos said:
One problem i had with God of War 3 was the last 2 hours. The game was spectacular but the last 2 hours were only fighting hordes of enemys and the "bad " Zeus fight. The last 2 hours of God of War 3 were really dissapointing in my eyes.And here did Ascension a way better job. Its a thrill from beginning to end with the ending beeing phenomenal and absolutely satisfiying. It may be not as epic as God of War 3but it is way more balanced than God of War 3. Really if the story wasnt so bad told i would give the game a 10 instead of 9 points.

I couldn’t agree more man – on everything. I love GOW3, but I felt it started to drop towards the end. And I thought Zeus was more of an interesting boss in GOW2 than 3. Ascension on the other hand was very well done combat wise from the beginning to end. The last fight was a huge ‘holy shit’ moment for me. Hands down this is the most enjoyable hack and slash game for me this gen, and I’ve probably played everyone on PS3. :D

I'm more than content with the set pieces, and I love how they brought everything together. And to think this is a prequel so SSM was constrained. They would have REALLY been able to let loose if this was a sequel.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Weedlab said:
SunofKratos said:

I couldn’t agree more man – on everything. I love GOW3, but I felt it started to drop towards the end. And I thought Zeus was more of an interesting boss in GOW2 than 3. Ascension on the other hand was very well done combat wise from the beginning to end. The last fight was a huge ‘holy shit’ moment for me. Hands down this is the most enjoyable hack and slash game for me this gen, and I’ve probably played everyone on PS3. :D

I'm more than content with the set pieces, and I love how they brought everything together. And to think this is a prequel so SSM was constrained. They would have REALLY been able to let loose if this was a sequel.

Indeed.  GOW4 will have some crazy stuff in there.   I really hope that in GOW4 you get to fight Achilles, Odysseus and Bellerophontes (mounted in a king Chimera) in the game, and later in the game you fight the 3 of them together in a team battle.

So I have this idea in which these greek "heroes" are searching for the cause behind the world going to hell, so each of them after knowing Kratos is guilty of all of this, they will try to kill him (in order to have their revenge lol), but Kratos will defeat him, but not kill them and because of that another force takes each of them them away.   And so near the end of the game you fight the 3 together having more powers than before.

I think the main evil dude could be Uranus (the father of titans).   Just as Cronos, he was not killed by his son, just defeated.  So now that the main titans and Olympians are dead, he is free, and the remaining Titans and Olympians (Apollo, Artemis, Aphrodite, etc) are his bitches lol XD.    And his right hand............................. a brainwashed Deimos!!  You know, after being killed by Thanatos, he went to hades, but Hades is now dead so he could get free more easily, but when he is about to do that BAM! Uranus comes, and wants him to join forces with him (against Kratos, because Kratos now wants all the world to be in peace and love, and not under a tyranic rule), Deimos refuses, and fights him, but could not defeat him D:   So sometimes when you are in certains environments as Kratos, the misterious warrior (Deimos) appears and fights you, after the fight he gets some headaches, because of the brainwash and disappears. And so you fight him 3-4 times in the game, but you never get to defeat him.

Also due to all the events and the world going to hell, the zodiac constellations are falling from the sky to earth because Zeus is not there maintain things as they should.   So the stars after reaching earth they are reborn as human beings.   So the first constellations to fall are the first 4, and because of the great power they have even though they are human, the evil main dude in this new trilogy is recluting/manipulating them, so they fight for him.  The power of the 12 constellations would be divided in the 12 dudes, but after each one of them gets defeated the power gets distributed among the remaining zodiac warriors, so that in GOW6 the last Zodiac warrior will be an ultra pain in the a$$ and have some techniques of the previous constellations.   After you defeat each warrior 1s phase, then the true power of the constellation begins to be exposed so the dude of LEO, for example, begins to transform in some sort of big Lion with some cool ethereal armor.   So the last warrior would transform in to a beast that has the atributes of the 12 constellations.

The guy of Piscis could be transformed into some giantic sea creature but wth parts of Lion, Bull, Ram, etc.

EPIC FIGHTS, EPIC FIGHTS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!

I know that the Zodiac warrior can feel like a rip-off of Saint Seiya manga/anime, but it is greek mythology so SSM can do that :D

And the main theme of the next trilogy would not be Kratos search for vengeance, but his search of redemption.   So he will go around the world in searching ways to fix the world.

wow at your theory heavenly king. I have also a theory after all the greece goods now are dead, Kratos finally realised what he has done and will help manking out of this chaoes but there will be new goods gaining for more power like Thor or some egypt gods. The have only waited to become the chance the get even stronger and since Kratos killed all the goods thats there big chance and they will try everything to get Kratos on there side as a God of War. Sound sepic too me.

New mythologys, new monsters and new szenarios- what more will a god of war fan need in God of War 4.