By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA & UK up 9th march

Boutros said:
So why are most of the new games' box arts the wrong ones? I thought it was all linked to Gamewise? It looks poorly managed. Do something!

I would if I could, but ioi only lets me change game release dates.

I think he cut back powers because someone before me wanted to f around with the site. Look up Alien and Mass Effect 3: Special Edition for Wii and DS.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

This was probably asked before, but where are the hardware numbers?

this is just my personal guess, but i think they are waiting for NPD numbers to release before they post them

tbone51 said:
VGKing said:
Where the hell are the hardware numbers? The USA and UK links on the front page have some old HW number. Definitely not from this week.

vgchartz might be waiting for NPD numbers so they can make adjustments

Nope. NPD is releasing February data. Has nothing to do with March sales.

Well with the NPD data...you have to wonder how far off we are in Europe. A similar amount, no doubt.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

bananaking21 said:
Michael-5 said:

this is just my personal guess, but i think they are waiting for NPD numbers to release before they post them

Maybe, or maybe they just want to get all region sales in so the hardware tabl on the main page doesn't only show one region

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
VGKing said:

It'll change whatever algorithms they use for "tracking" sales; so that in turn will boost latter sales through March.  I'd guess it does make a difference.

Though, why we don't have UK numbers up is beyond me.  Perhaps they base them somewhat off USA.

Boutros said:
So why are most of the new games' box arts the wrong ones? I thought it was all linked to Gamewise? It looks poorly managed. Do something!

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71176/alien/

This annoys the tits out of me.  I've already brought it up with Michael but unfortunately there's nothing he can do about it.

Michael-5 said:
bananaking21 said:
Michael-5 said:

Maybe, or maybe they just want to get all region sales in so the hardware tabl on the main page doesn't only show one region

i just read a post that made me realize that the NPD data is for last month so it doenst really have much to do with this week (unless they want to adjust this weeks numbers by seeing how much they were off) 

but yeah that might be a reason, to show the global hardware all at once

Kresnik said:
Boutros said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71176/alien/

This annoys the tits out of me.  I've already brought it up with Michael but unfortunately there's nothing he can do about it.

rofl!

VGKing said:
tbone51 said:
VGKing said:
Where the hell are the hardware numbers? The USA and UK links on the front page have some old HW number. Definitely not from this week.

vgchartz might be waiting for NPD numbers so they can make adjustments

i meant they probably want to update lifetime chart as well so they are waiting