By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - An Unbiased review of Alan Wake: A JayWood2010 Review

DirtyP2002 said:
Have you watched the real live series yet?
I posted it yesterday.

Just watched it.  It was a little short and left a lot of questions unanswered but it was really good.  I really think they should make a movie of alan wake especially after seeing that.

Around the Network
pezus said:
georgejames said:

Nice review. awesome game. but i little bit disappointed with my PC because of pixel problem.thanks.

---

User was moderated for spamming... and talking bad about their PC. 

The will of the PC prophets ~tads12

Wait, what? I don't get this ban.

Edit: Nvm, lol. See what it was now.

OT: Pirated the game a while ago (sue me), played it almost all the way through but somehow lost interest. IMO the gameplay is a bit repetitive but everything else is awesome, like the way they tell the story. Remedy are really great at that. Always planned to buy it down the line and finish it. I should do it soon.

Yeah, hopefully they will revamp the gameplay in Alan Wake 2.  It may even be a PS4 title as well.  I don't know what kind of deal Remedy and MSFT made but I'd say they would go multiplatform to maximize profits with their next game.

Decent review.

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about Alan Wake because it wasn't what I expected. But by the end, I liked the game and the DLC which came out later was absolutely stellar.

Also, the game borrows 90% of its story from John carpenters In the Mount of Madness movie, which is awesome.

JayWood2010 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
I posted it yesterday.

Just watched it.  It was a little short and left a lot of questions unanswered but it was really good.  I really think they should make a movie of alan wake especially after seeing that.

That is what I said MS LA should become. It would be so awesome!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
JayWood2010 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
I posted it yesterday.

That is what I said MS LA should become. It would be so awesome!

It really would as long as they can keep making shows for new games.  For example when a new game comes out they could make a show about it.  That would not only be good for customers but it would be a great way of advertising new games.  Forward Unto Dawn did really well going into the Halo 4 release as well :)

Around the Network

I'm glad you liked it. I thought the two DLC's did a great job of expanding the story, characters and even the gameplay.

American Nightmare was an absolute blast. Story was a bit meh, but the time loop was very well done and I hope more games adopt its style in the future.

disolitude said:
Decent review.

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about Alan Wake because it wasn't what I expected. But by the end, I liked the game and the DLC which came out later was absolutely stellar.

Also, the game borrows 90% of its story from John carpenters In the Mount of Madness movie, which is awesome.

Agree, In the mouth of madness was a great film. It also took me two playthroughs to really appreciate AW. At first, I thought Alan was unlikeable and the story not ver scary, but it got better. 

One of my Favorite single player games this gen. Definitely looking forward to a sequel.

Pretty much agree with everything you said Jaywood. The atmosphere in that game is awesome, feels like you're actually in a Steven King novel or playing Twin Peaks the game. Gameplay can get a bit repetitive but its fun in small doses.

By the way has anyone played American Nightmare? Is it worth buying for the story?