By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2013 NPD Thread - 360:302k, PS3:~270k, 3DS:~191k, Wii:~100k, Wii U:66k, PSV:38k

just waiting for creamandsugar now

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
all 3 current consoles down about 30% is my guess...

leaving WiiU with about 65k

Surely Wii dropped more than PS360

January trends doesn't suggest that, though. 

Guess we'll have to wait on Sony's comment.

Nintendo consoles act weird around the Holidays, though. First week of January can really throw things off.

lol, everyone wants the Wii to be lower. Sony fans because it means PS3 is higher; Nintendo fans because it means 3DS is higher.

Xbox under tracked significantly.

3DS is so undertracked it isn't even funny.

newwil7l said:

lol all console massively overtracked more like ps3 needs more adjustments than 360

Around the Network
newwil7l said:

I thought 17k per week was far to low personally. Any official numbers for the 3ds yet?

the_dengle said:
ninjablade said:
the_dengle said:

Possibly, but I don't see any logical reason for Wii U sales to have increased naturally in February. Literally zero retail games were released for the console the whole month. 360 and PS3 and the rest had actual releases.

well the fact that feb vconsole sales always increase compared to january, is reason enough, don't you think?

It could be. But I think it's all a connected cycle. Customers buy an excess of consoles in December, so they're less likely to be wanting one in January; fewer publishers release games in January because they know customers are less likely to be buying; but of course fewer customers are going to be buying games if fewer games are being released. Releases pick up in February because sales pick up; sales pick up because releases pick up. Wii U had no releases, so I don't know why anyone would suddenly decide in February that they want to buy a Wii U.

Let me put it this way, releases push sales. 20% is a normal increase for Feb over Jan -- with software releases. Wii U doubled that with no software releases. That's not fishy to you?

its not fishy at all cause cause it's the norm, and i don't understand what you measn by doubled, it sold 57k in jan, it sold 65k, in feb, consoles always sell better in feb, with software or not.

ninjablade said:
the_dengle said:

Let me put it this way, releases push sales. 20% is a normal increase for Feb over Jan -- with software releases. Wii U doubled that with no software releases. That's not fishy to you?

its not fishy at all cause cause it's the norm, and i don't understand what you measn by doubled, it sold 57k in jan, it sold 65k, in feb, consoles always sell better in feb, with software or not.

The official statement is that it was up "over 40% weekly" from January. Since Jan had 5 weeks and Feb had 4.

So if the normal is 20% weekly with releases, and the Wii U is up 40% weekly with none, something isn't adding up right. That is NOT "the norm."

the_dengle said:
ninjablade said:
the_dengle said:

Possibly, but I don't see any logical reason for Wii U sales to have increased naturally in February. Literally zero retail games were released for the console the whole month. 360 and PS3 and the rest had actual releases.

well the fact that feb vconsole sales always increase compared to january, is reason enough, don't you think?

It could be. But I think it's all a connected cycle. Customers buy an excess of consoles in December, so they're less likely to be wanting one in January; fewer publishers release games in January because they know customers are less likely to be buying; but of course fewer customers are going to be buying games if fewer games are being released. Releases pick up in February because sales pick up; sales pick up because releases pick up. Wii U had no releases, so I don't know why anyone would suddenly decide in February that they want to buy a Wii U.

DP.

ninjablade said:
the_dengle said:
ninjablade said:
the_dengle said:

It sold 65-80 k though. Not a single game was even released how is that normal?