By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon to Follow Skylanders Lead

Tagged games:

Gamerace said:
osed125 said:
Gamerace said:
osed125 said:

Parents are going to hate this...

Are you kidding?  Which would you rather buy: $2 Pokemons or $15 Skylanders?   I think parents will be grantful because Nintendo could easily have created a Full retail Pokemon game and $15 toys that they'd have to buy.    Rumble also won't hold the kids attention for very long.   So it'll save parents a lot of money.

How many Pokemons are in the game? If you count all those $2 toys you will waste a lot of money. Especially since you have to "catch them all!".

But this is Pokemon Rumble which gives little incentive to collect more than a few favorite characters.   I'd buy my son/daughter five of them and wait for them to get bored of Rumble's shallow gameplay. 

I guess you're right. Let's hope they never do this with a mainline Pokemon game, because that will screw a lot of parents.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
SonOfLiberty said:
For a moment I thought this was about mainline Pokemon games. good to see that its not

Same here. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Trunkin said:
SonOfLiberty said:
For a moment I thought this was about mainline Pokemon games. good to see that its not

Same here. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Lol I don't know what I'd do if my precious Pokemon was changed for the worse 

badgenome said:

On the one hand, that sounds pretty half-assed. On the other, I am really, really not a fan of the Skylanders approach of making people buy hunks of plastic garbage to play those characters in a game, so I'm glad there are only a few figures.

Can we consider these NFC Hunks of Plastic the new type of DLC?

Sounds like it's optional, which is great.

Having these physical products in retail stores is also a good way to create interest in digital games, and get more traffic to the eShop.

Around the Network

They could sell the online code and six figures for 30 and be done with it. Still an online pokemon card game would have been much better use of the NFC than just a Skylanders figurine copy.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

NintendoPie said:

Only when Capcom starts doing it.

badgenome said:
NintendoPie said:

Watch out for Monster Hunter Toys soon!

NintendoPie said:

Thankfully I don't own a platform that has a chance of ever seeing a Monster Hunter game.

NintendoPie said:
badgenome said:
NintendoPie said:

You know buying a monster figurine that opened a new area/monster wouldn't be so bad, especially if you could play in it online (even with people who don't have the figure).    I could get into a MH Monster collection.