By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

Playstation Domination!!!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

So, with SS and price drop, PSV only tops 3DS with approximate 2000 units. Does it deserve to a congratulation?

Kresnik said:
crissindahouse said:

very good for vita compared to weeks before. doesn't it also get pirate warriors 2 anytime soon?

It releases a week today.  Won't be in next week's chart, will be the week after that.

thx! wasn't 100% sure anymore if it will be for ps3 and vita or only ps3. i believe in europe and usa it will get only a ps3 release if i'm not wrong.

zhao3gold said:
So, with SS and price drop, PSV only tops 3DS with approximate 2000 units. Does it deserve to a congratulation?

Vita went from selling 24-30k/month to selling 120k in 2 weeks. Hell yeah we are congratulating.

Don't be a party pooper!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Train wreck said:

I will take the Vita > 3DS as a small moral victory this week. There will be the same naysayers who will downplay whatever success the system had this week and you know what, thats ok. The system responding to game releases with stable sales is really the best that can go for any system. You are going to continue to see small developers publish games on the system and a couple of big titles here and there. At 61k, i still think the system is supplied constrained because no retailer carried it fully (due to its prior abysmal sales). Even though April is looking empty and sales will be returning to a new normal, hopefully its late spring, summer and fall lineups will start to materialize.

I don't have to do anything more, you've done very well.

OP: Software chart has a lot of games from Sony platforms. The only non-ps platform there is 3DS.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
PS Vita > 3ds?

OMG

also, pretty good numbers for soul sacrifice

yeah even though I know it's probably not going to last it's nice to see that for at least one week.  I think Vita's darkest days, at least in Japan, may be behind it.  Also isn't that a big 3DS drop?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Boutros said:
So....

COMG > Tsutaya

Eh, I wouldn't think so. COMG had SS doing less than half of what it did and Tsutaya and MC agree on its sales with Miku being 2nd.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

this is proof that games sell systems. sick vita numbers.

zhao3gold said:

The price drop was in last weeks numbers. It increased again this week, where 99% of the time a system has a hefty drop post-pricecut week.

Hah! Vita > 3DS! I've seen the dead walk!!