By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

ethomaz said:
OP releases next week? If so I expect again great numbers for Vita... and PS3.

It is bad that Vita has nothing for April.

It won't do much for Vita. But PS3 will have a huge boost.

3DS sales seem a little low in the past few weeks.

Around the Network
pezus said:
melbye said:
We are never going the hear the end of this, are we? All i have to say is congrats, it is nice Vita gets a couple of weeks on the top before it dies

Are you so sad to see this that you have to pre-emptively troll Vita?

lol.. no time to be defensive.. drink up and celebrate! .. who knows how long this will last.. make the most of it =)

Debut weeks for new Sony Japan IP on handhelds:

Jeanne D'arc - 44k
Gravity Rush - 40k
Locoroco - 32k
Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida - 28k
Patapon - 28k
Echochrome - 25k
Minna no Sukkiri - 16k
TRICK × LOGIC - 11k
Kingdom of Paradise - 8k
Coded Soul - 8k
Diamond and the Sound of a Gun Shot - 8k
Enkaku Sousa - 7k
Patchwork Heroes - 7k

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Finally software sales are increasing.
Some weeks ago games needed just to sell around 10000 copies to become no.3 in the charts and only no.1 and 2 sales were really high-that looked much like a slowly dying game industrie.

this weak you need 10k to reach no. 14-looks much better for publishers and developers..

As i've heard the 360 sales numbers are wrong.
496 were sold,not 495.

BaldrSkies said:
Euphoria14 said:
BaldrSkies said:
Euphoria14 said:
I wonder how many digital copies of SS were purchased.

From past trends, the digital sales are around 20-40x the number of PSN ratings for early sales. SS currently has about 900 ratings which means it should have sold 18k digital minimum, but could have gone up to 36k as well.

Nice.

Any idea on how the word of mouth for SS is? Is it positive so far?

For the most part people are loving it. The main complaint among confirmed buyers is the lack of a "lobby" area that allows one to sit around as their character and chat with other players between missions online. The difficulty level and gruesome setting are also a bit extreme for some people. The main complaint among uncomfirmed buyers is that it's a worthless shameful "Monster Hunter ripoff" which is a really ironic statement, and really shows how little the negative campaigners know about the game...

Let us hope the positive word of mouth keeps up.

Hopefully the drop isn't too steep next week.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Nice VITA!!!!

gigantor21 said:
Oh, damn, the Vita's numbers barely dropped! It actually overtook the 3DS this week. And holy shit @ Soul Sacrifice! :O

The Wii U... -_-

It didn't drop at all. It actually increased. And it somehow managed to outsell the 3DS week. 

Let's see what excuse people make this week.

Holy shit. Most exciting Japanese numbers in ages and I have exams all morning so I miss it.

It's kinda disappointing how people have come here already to play down these numbers. Last week all the predictions were in the 35-45k region for Vita hardware and I think I only saw a couple of 100k+ predictions for Soul Sacrifice. Both of these have been exceeded, so even if it is true that it's "downhill from here", I still find it impressive. I was secretly hoping that Vita hardware would hold around the 60k mark; I didn't expect it to actually increase. And Soul Sacrifice having the third highest opening of a Vita game in Japan is impressive for a new IP. Now for the legs. I hope it inherits God Eater & Monster Hunter's legs.

Other surprises: Far Cry 3 opened way stronger than I expected. Good for it.

Onto the less pleasing: I'm disappointed with Senran Kagura's drop. I thought the sellouts in first week would've meant there might've been a strong demand for second week, but I guess not. Not surprised by Phantasy Star's drop, since I figure anyone who wanted to pay money for a F2P game would've done it in the first week.

Shining Ark also dropping like a rock, disappointing; won't get close to Blade or Heart's numbers. Wii-U is also continuing the downward trend, I wonder what number it'll reach before Dragon Quest X releases. One of these trackers will probably have it below 9k next week.

But yeah, awesome week. As always, thanks Noctis.

ethomaz said:
OP releases next week? If so I expect again great numbers for Vita... and PS3.

It is bad that Vita has nothing for April.

One Piece releases a week today.  Next week's chart will only have Steins;gate as a release for Vita, so expect a drop.

Also, it has two games releasing in April: Photo Kano Kiss & Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity.  Both of them will be niche sellers, but don't expect them to move hardware.

See, those numbers are something to be impressed with. A hold like that, the week AFTER a pricecut is great.