By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Why you should always play games on Xbox Live" ~ Based on a True Story

Tagged games:

Thoughts?

What a happy ending :D 2 5.71%

Michael's friends are right 1 2.86%

I feel bad for Michael, s... 1 2.86%

PSN still is da best! 19 54.29%

I haven't yet realized y... 5 14.29%

I have no opinion and jus... 3 8.57%

Oscar-Award winning short story! 3 8.57%

I've had the same experience 1 2.86%

Total:35
kain_kusanagi said:
VGKing said:
kain_kusanagi said:
VGKing said:

LOL. As if 10-year olds even have the money to buy map packs.

It does have a point though and timed-exclusive DLC can make all the difference.

Playing Call of Duty on Xbox Live = $180 including all the DLC.

Playing Call of Duty on PSN = $120 including all the DLC.

If kids going to school can do simple math then maybe more people would play on PSN.

Are you talking about PSN+ discounts? Which COD are you talking about?

The season pass for COD BLOPS 2 is $50 on XBL and PSN.

What I'm talking about is free PSN and the pay wall behind online multiplayer on XBL. As a kid, I know I would look at for the console which saves me the most money. But I guess a few years ago that ended up being the Xbox 360.

Ok, I got yeah. But it's not like Playing COD costs you XBL Gold. Paying the free for XBL Gold gives access to everything. But I guess if all you want to play is COD than you could look at it like that. I'm going to play Halo no matter what COD is gravy.

COD is only popular because of multiplayer and XBL Gold is required for that on top of the money you need to spend to get that DLC. Now, I'm no hater of subscription fees as long as they actually offer value like Playstation Plus or give you unlimited movie streaming like Netflix. What does your Gold sub provide you? Timed-exclusive DLC to games you might never even play and access to apps that are free on any other device.

Around the Network

My eyes have been opened, how could I have been such a fool?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Written by a teenager for teenagers. Still, people here can't resist to make fun of XBL. Well, perhaps this thread is also like the whole story...

VGKing said:
What I'm talking about is free PSN and the pay wall behind online multiplayer on XBL. As a kid, I know I would look at for the console which saves me the most money.

So, what's your age? ;)

Also, as a kid you don't look which saves you the most money, this will be done by your parents obviously. 

And even more true: "As a kid" Grownups who have a job which gives you some money can *easily* afford a gold-membership. The money I'd save when using PS3 instead isn't even worth 3 cheeseburgers.

walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
What I'm talking about is free PSN and the pay wall behind online multiplayer on XBL. As a kid, I know I would look at for the console which saves me the most money.

So, what's your age? ;)

Also, as a kid you don't look which saves you the most money, this will be done by your parents obviously. 

And even more true: "As a kid" Grownups who have a job which gives you some money can *easily* afford a gold-membership. The money I'd save when using PS3 instead isn't even worth 3 cheeseburgers.

Not sure what cheeseburgers you buy that cost you $10 each, but you're getting ripped off. Then again, you're used to it. =)

Another awesome thread btw. 

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:

So, what's your age? ;)

My age is in my profile.

As I kid I know I had to convince my parents to buy me video games, especially game consoles. Parents aren't stupid, they look for the best deals as well.

Anyway as a grown up, it's even more important to speak with your wallet. It's not about being to afford Gold or not, its the principle of the thing. 

dsgrue3 said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:

So, what's your age? ;)

Not sure what cheeseburgers you buy that cost you $10 each, but you're getting ripped off. Then again, you're used to it. =)

I should've add "per month" ;) See, I still smoke - XBL Gold is less expensive than 15 cigarettes for me. I could add several more examples to prove my point. It will all outcome to: I can afford it, I have no problem with it, so be it.

VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:

So, what's your age? ;)

My age is in my profile.

As I kid I know I had to convince my parents to buy me video games, especially game consoles. Parents aren't stupid, they look for the best deals as well.

Anyway as a grown up, it's even more important to speak with your wallet. It's not about being to afford Gold or not, its the principle of the thing. 

Of course parents aren't stupid but parents are also the ones who buy their kids smartphones nowadays, with internet-flat-contracts, of course. 

It all comes down to 

1. can I afford it?

2. do I want to spend my money on it?

This is not restricted to XBL but to many things in your life, and XBL is one of the cheaper things.

walsufnir said:

I should've add "per month" ;) See, I still smoke - XBL Gold is less expensive than 15 cigarettes for me. I could add several more examples to prove my point. It will all outcome to: I can afford it, I have no problem with it, so be it.

"I can afford it" is not a defense. I trust you realize this, even though you will refuse to admit it. Very common argument, albeit contrived and obsolete.

dsgrue3 said:
walsufnir said:

"I can afford it" is not a defense. I trust you realize this, even though you will refuse to admit it. Very common argument, albeit contrived and obsolete.

What arguments would count for you? I am not willing to play on Playstation because in my opinion the controller is inferior, the games don't really appeal to me and I like XBL because it always works flawless. To me ~3 Euros a month is totally worth and there is nothing you can say against this. I don't want to convince anybody to do as I do.