By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Why you should always play games on Xbox Live" ~ Based on a True Story

Tagged games:

Thoughts?

What a happy ending :D 2 5.71%

Michael's friends are right 1 2.86%

I feel bad for Michael, s... 1 2.86%

PSN still is da best! 19 54.29%

I haven't yet realized y... 5 14.29%

I have no opinion and jus... 3 8.57%

Oscar-Award winning short story! 3 8.57%

I've had the same experience 1 2.86%

Total:35

The story was not done.

One month later Michael found out that all is call of duty friends stop playing cod on xbl. Michael asked one of his friends why? His answer, " our parents caught us cussing, yelling and saying racist stuff while playing cod, so they stopped paying for Xbox gold live. We can no longer play online". Michael with a big smirk on his face and said, " you have to pay to play online?" Even though he knew all along he was trying to rub it in his friends faces.
Michael then say, " that's why I play on psn".

End of story.

Around the Network

Just think the kid who payed for the Black Ops DLC has also payed for his Xbox Live service...... why speak about this rubbish when the maps aren't even that gr8 and also have been released now on ps3 anyway....

Remember when map packs cam on disc and you bought them at the same place you bought all your other games? Those were simpler times, better times.

LOL. As if 10-year olds even have the money to buy map packs.

It does have a point though and timed-exclusive DLC can make all the difference.

Playing Call of Duty on Xbox Live = $180 including all the DLC.

Playing Call of Duty on PSN = $120 including all the DLC.

If kids going to school can do simple math then maybe more people would play on PSN.

VGKing said:

It does have a point though and timed-exclusive DLC can make all the difference.

If kids going to school can do simple math then maybe more people would play on PSN.

Are you talking about PSN+ discounts? Which COD are you talking about?

The season pass for COD BLOPS 2 is $50 on XBL and PSN.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Stop trying to act like Xbox live is something special.

Apparantly Microsoft takes that Xbox Live Gold money and uses it on lawyers and to buy timed exclusiveness on menial DLC stuff for popular games like Call of Duty. So it's a win-win for MSFT.

I mean they pay some meager bucks to publisher to get some maps 3 months earlier... and all the people on XBL (including people that never play CoD or buy any additional DLC map-packs) pay MSFT $50 per year.

MSFT is genious when it comes to some things.

kain_kusanagi said:
VGKing said:

What I'm talking about is free PSN and the pay wall behind online multiplayer on XBL. As a kid, I know I would look at for the console which saves me the most money. But I guess a few years ago that ended up being the Xbox 360.

This is like the eighth time this article has resulted in Live/PSN firefights on these forums.

VGKing said:
kain_kusanagi said:
VGKing said:

What I'm talking about is free PSN and the pay wall behind online multiplayer on XBL. As a kid, I know I would look at for the console which saves me the most money. But I guess a few years ago that ended up being the Xbox 360.

Ok, I got yeah. But it's not like Playing COD costs you XBL Gold. Paying the free for XBL Gold gives access to everything. But I guess if all you want to play is COD than you could look at it like that. I'm going to play Halo no matter what COD is gravy.

kain_kusanagi said:
Remember when map packs cam on disc and you bought them at the same place you bought all your other games? Those were simpler times, better times.

Oh yeah that was so much better. I remember buying the Halo 2 extra maps on disc. That was a good day.