By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Why you should always play games on Xbox Live" ~ Based on a True Story

Tagged games:

Thoughts?

What a happy ending :D 2 5.71%

Michael's friends are right 1 2.86%

I feel bad for Michael, s... 1 2.86%

PSN still is da best! 19 54.29%

I haven't yet realized y... 5 14.29%

I have no opinion and jus... 3 8.57%

Oscar-Award winning short story! 3 8.57%

I've had the same experience 1 2.86%

Total:35
walsufnir said:
dsgrue3 said:

"I can afford it" is not a defense. I trust you realize this, even though you will refuse to admit it. Very common argument, albeit contrived and obsolete.

What arguments would count for you? I am not willing to play on Playstation because in my opinion the controller is inferior, the games don't really appeal to me and I like XBL because it always works flawless. To me ~3 Euros a month is totally worth and there is nothing you can say against this. I don't want to convince anybody to do as I do.

So, in other words, you pay because you have to as a result of 360 being the more appealing console to you and it's that simple. So don't attempt to justify the extortion that is XBL by making ridiculous statements like "I can afford it" and I'll take no issue.

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
walsufnir said:
dsgrue3 said:

"I can afford it" is not a defense. I trust you realize this, even though you will refuse to admit it. Very common argument, albeit contrived and obsolete.

What arguments would count for you? I am not willing to play on Playstation because in my opinion the controller is inferior, the games don't really appeal to me and I like XBL because it always works flawless. To me ~3 Euros a month is totally worth and there is nothing you can say against this. I don't want to convince anybody to do as I do.

So, in other words, you pay because you have to as a result of 360 being the more appealing console to you and it's that simple. So don't attempt to justify the extortion that is XBL by making ridiculous statements like "I can afford it" and I'll take no issue.

??? I know that I will pay for XBL before I bought the console. I proactivly made this decision. "Hmm, ~3 Euros a month? That's ok" and then bought the console. And please stop calling someones arguments rediculous and stop saying that I am attempting anything. I mean every word I type here. If you find this is not legit this is one thing but don't try to make a fool of me - I don't want to talk to people on this level of conversation.

Obviously you have an opinion about XBL but it seems you also have an opinion about the people using it and their motivations and I can tell you that this generalization is definitely wrong.

The same usual culprits stirring shit again in a psn vs xbl argument, what a surprise. Just don't respond to them walsufnir.

slowmo said:
The same usual culprits stirring shit again in a psn vs xbl argument, what a surprise. Just don't respond to them walsufnir.

I just don't get it why they are pretending to know better why people do what they do. Not that it would change my mind but somehow I see that there are more (social) problems behind several posts which can obviously be read here ;)

It's been my personal experience that people who play CoD games and other multiplat games online on PS3 are constantly complaining about more lag, glitches, disconnecting games, bad matchmaking, etc.

While on Xbox Live it is much more stable in all those games. I have had 3 personal friends switch from PS3 to 360 as a result of the smoother online play on 360. They kept their PS3's, but now play their competitive online games on 360.

That would have been a much better argument for this article than the silly "Get CoD Maps earlier". They started to go over this argument when they mentioned "You Get What you Pay For" but then they just made fun of everything and never went into any details.

Around the Network

Lame, but quite amusing. :D

walsufnir said:
slowmo said:

I just don't get it why they are pretending to know better why people do what they do. Not that it would change my mind but somehow I see that there are more (social) problems behind several posts which can obviously be read here ;)

You'd have more success arguing with a brick wall, it would certainly be more receptive to a different viewpoint.  Says more about their own insecurities that they have to regurgitate the same argument constantly.

walsufnir said:

??? I know that I will pay for XBL before I bought the console. I proactivly made this decision. "Hmm, ~3 Euros a month? That's ok" and then bought the console. And please stop calling someones arguments rediculous and stop saying that I am attempting anything. I mean every word I type here. If you find this is not legit this is one thing but don't try to make a fool of me - I don't want to talk to people on this level of conversation.

Obviously you have an opinion about XBL but it seems you also have an opinion about the people using it and their motivations and I can tell you that this generalization is definitely wrong.

@bold, and I have no argument with this line of thought. It's the exact line of thinking that led me to realize that being forced to pay to play online is an awful concept.

What I took issue with was your "I can afford it" argument. I can afford to drop $30 on a hot dog, but that doesn't mean it's worth it when there's a guy handing out free ones across the street where any perceived advantage to the $30 hot dog is negligible at best.

Nope, I have an opinion about those justifying paying for XBL with nonsensical reasons like "I can afford it".

this story needs a one armed man..

dsgrue3 said:
walsufnir said:

@bold, and I have no argument with this line of thought. It's the exact line of thinking that led me to realize that being forced to pay to play online is an awful concept.

What I took issue with was your "I can afford it" argument. I can afford to drop $30 on a hot dog, but that doesn't mean it's worth it when there's a guy handing out free ones across the street where any perceived advantage to the $30 hot dog is negligible at best.

Nope, I have an opinion about those justifying paying for XBL with nonsensical reasons like "I can afford it".

Do whatever you want but no one is forcing anybody to anything. If you want to discuss "free will" again "forced will" in our society, go to a lecture called "philosophy" but they will force you first in a lecture called "logic" in first before starting with real philosophical topics (and to get rid of the people who just want to talk nonsense because they think this is what philosophy is about). There are a lot of things in this world you are forced to and don't know it. And most probably they tell you that bad comparisons don't prove anything true or wrong.

But I can tell you for sure that I am not "forced" to pay for the service.