By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - what exactly is granting PS4 a better future than Vita ?

unlike vita, it has SOME games in the horizon. but also unlike vita, it was announced $100 more expensive than it's competition.

factoring all, it's only slightly above vita.

Around the Network

It is sharing games with XBone and PC so game support will be more by default. That and consoles arent having their market being eaten at by smartphones.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Because compare pre-orders of WiiU/Vita (games and consoles) with PS4 (games and consoles). PS4 has already 10x more games in preorder than the WiiU at same time. And where I live (Belgium) there is not a single webshop who has any PS4 consoles availaible. Everything (even in most retail only stores) is sold out whereas a lot of Vita pre-orders were still available.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Final Fantasy XV
Waiting lists in the middle of August

I convinced with Sony plans and also don't compare Handheld with Home console since Sony's success is in Home Consoles where Handhelds are dominated by Nintendo and Sony is just trying to bring their Console experience to on the go via Vita so people can have wide choice but not for domination.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network

Dead threads being bumped and people starting to argue, classic.

I think the ps4 has price/hype/games/audience the vita has no crowd people who like games it has are console gamers, While the 3ds offers experiences that the wii-u does not have or types of game that work as well on handheld as on console like mario kart or super mario bros.

It's a combination of Good pricing + Good will of consumers + 3rd and 1st Party support.

I really expected the Vita to do well. I still do not really understand the reasons why it is doing so poorly - I mean, it's a fantastic piece of hardware, and it is priced just right. Why are game developers ignoring this device today?

The PS4 is in a similar boat - excellent hardware, good price. Seemingly, the developers are on board, but the Vita also promised great 3rd part support initially (turned out many of them were awful).

Either many of the commentators here are correct in stating that the console market has different drivers than the handheld market (although exactly why that would be seems to be more difficult to point out), or we are in for one big gaming slump.

Interesting times ...

Works like this.

Sony= Console > Portable

Nintend= Portable > Console.

This is how its always been check the sales. Nintendos portables have always been their moneymaker whilst the consoles have been the money maker for Sony.

I see a lot of arguing from tradition here. Worst of all, they are not even justified. Isn't the Wii the second best selling console of all time?

Just because Nintendo does well in portables, does that mean they are now a "portables company"? I don't see how that follows.

Licence said:

Works like this.

Sony= Console > Portable

Nintend= Portable > Console.

This is how its always been check the sales. Nintendos portables have always been their moneymaker whilst the consoles have been the money maker for Sony.

I see a lot of arguing from tradition here. Worst of all, they are not even justified. Isn't the Wii the second best selling console of all time?

Just because Nintendo does well in portables, does that mean they are now a "portables company"? I don't see how that follows.

He's right though.

Wii sold ~100m, but DS sold ~150m.

See?

Besides, he didn't say Nintendo are a 'portables company', just that Nintendo's portables sell much better than their home consoles. Which is a fact.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046