By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: "Nintendo Is A Bad Company With A Poor CEO"

scottie said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
He's a nob, and wrong 90% of the time......
....but not this time.

Those points a true and valid. They have an old business model, got very lucky with the Wii, and now everything is going tits up for them. Sure, the 3DS is going ok for the moment, but will this continue with smartphones etc? Well I've yet to see the kid with the Galaxy AND 3DS, so I'm going to say not for long.
As for the WiiU, well the poor sales say it all.

They got very lucky with the Wii

They got very lucky with the DS

They got very lucky with the 3DS

Come Christmas time you will be saying that they got very lucky with the WiiU

How many times does someone have to get lucky before you finally admit they are doing things well?

Wow, strawman much.

The Wii was lucky in that it hit an unknown - the casual housewife/family market.

The DS was the only cheap handheld at the time and came with very popular games. That isn't luck, nor did I say that - you just made it up *rollseyes*.

The 3DS is in sitcky mud. Its slow launch was obvious, but the price drop and games helped. Will it hold up or has the market changed due to smartphones? Who knows.

The WiiU however, is different. It has started off incredibly slowly and target market is confused. I will never be saying they got lucky and in my opinion, I don't think it will even reach 20 million, and yes, I'll be quoting this to you.

Around the Network

Pachter is still even mentioned anymore? Even after his adamant claims last gen? You might as well ask the hobo by the 7-11 about the state of the game industry, you might get better insight.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

I miss the 90's. The Internet was still not popular and barely usable to the degree it is today. I know stuff not looking at screens all day. And the world was still nice in my kid eyes. Now comments and forums exist and they are the worst things ever made. The articles can be average but the things people say make me wonder how we are this far. This guy annoys me. And the fact we keep talking about the crap he says is crazy. He is Lindsey Lohen of gaming and I can not take her. Lets just stop talking about things he says for a week.

holy crap.

...there ain't a poll long enough to have me touch that shit. damn.

There are a lot of things nintendo needs to work on and a lot of risks they don't want to take. They're in a tough spot, for sure, but I can't put all the blame on iwata's shoulders alone.

Around the Network
scottie said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
He's a nob, and wrong 90% of the time......
....but not this time.

Those points a true and valid. They have an old business model, got very lucky with the Wii, and now everything is going tits up for them. Sure, the 3DS is going ok for the moment, but will this continue with smartphones etc? Well I've yet to see the kid with the Galaxy AND 3DS, so I'm going to say not for long.
As for the WiiU, well the poor sales say it all.

They got very lucky with the Wii

They got very lucky with the DS

They got very lucky with the 3DS

Come Christmas time you will be saying that they got very lucky with the Wii

How many times does someone have to get lucky before you finally admit they are doing things well?

Yep

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

zippy said:
Didnt the latest figures from Nintendo show they were back to making profit??

pssshhhhh...facts.  You can forget about those....things.  We sir, deal in baseless predictions.  If you can't handle that then you can just show yourself the door.

Pavolink said:

I don't agree with him this time. And not only for his terrible taste in marketing sense praising NOA, but also because he believes Iwata is poor CEO because he established the price of 3DS lower than Pachter brilliant one and released the Wii U 2 years after the "analyst" wanted.

You agreed with him other times??? xD just kidding ;) but his statements go from incorrect to VERY incorrect xD

to topic:
aside from Pachters highly professional analyses which can not be judged by us mortal human beings, I think Iwata was a good CEO when Nintendo needed a winning shot after the gamecube.

You know what they say: If there is a war a commander is the best leader but in peace thats reversed ;)

Raze said:
Pachter is still even mentioned anymore? Even after his adamant claims last gen? You might as well ask the hobo by the 7-11 about the state of the game industry, you might get better insight.

Even better: people trust their money to Pachter.

Remember that if anyone ever tries to claim that the financial sector is well run and managed.

So the only one of the big 3 that made profit last gen is somehow a bad company while Microsoft who are struggling to break even and Sony who threw 5 billion down the PS3 money pit aren't? The article itself makes no sense either to me.

Sure they've made mistakes but nothing that isn't retrievable with good marketing and games.