By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Michael Pachter chooses the Xbox to win the next generation

Well....

PS4 1st place confirmed? 627 84.96%

The Oracle knows it all!! 111 15.04%

Total:738

i'm surprised this guy is even given any attention. who cares what he thinks. he doesn't have an inside scoop on anything important, and he's been flat out wrong many times. why is he still treated like an industry celeb?

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

I don't know what's more incredible, the fact that Pachter didn't chose a Sony console to win, or the fact that I actually agree with him.

Does one not go hand in hand with the other? 

Dang it. I've already made this same prediction (fairly safe bet for US market at any rate) but knowing Pachter's accuracy in predictions, means I've probably got it all wrong.

3rd console curse incoming for microsoft.

walsufnir said:
thismeintiel said:
What I don't get is this downplaying of the impact on 360 sales from the 1+ year head start and the FREAKING $200 PRICE DIFFERENCE FOR THE FIRST FEW YEARS. And at the same time, acting like the NeXbox is going to perform similarly in EU and Japan without those HUGE advantages. 

Perhaps because repeating this *opinion* over and over again doesn't make it true. The x360 launch and first years were also horrible. The thing was as loud as a plane starting, it had massive bad press due to RROD in all media and the user-reception in forums was also bad. Why are you all ignoring this?

Fortunately for MS, RROD didn't have that harmful of an affect on sales.  Many MS fans, as well as mainstream gamers , decided to just stick with the 360 because they had games for it and/or their friends had one.  They used this and the PS3's price to justify either buying a new 360 or sending it to MS.

And if you think being loud and having some people on random forums not like it is the same as being 1+ year late AND $200 more, you're only fooling yourself.

Around the Network

Well since it came from Pachter, it must be true based on his track record.

POE said:
PS4 last place. The fight is between wii u and nextbox

bananaking21 said:
POE said:
PS4 last place. The fight is between wii u and nextbox

Well to be fair, before the Xbox One announcement plenty of people thought that MS was going to hit it out of the park and if we go even further back to 2012 or something then a lot of people thought that the next PS wouldn't stand a chance against the next Xbox at all, with phrases like "NA is now Xbox territory, the real battleground next gen will be Europe"-being thrown around, which turned out to be hilariously wrong.

2 words: absolutely rekt