By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destrutoid says: Fact: PS3 fans****are the worst ( Do you agree?)

o_O.Q said:
NightDragon83 said:
Heh, an oldie but a goodie. Lots of truth in that article.

Updating it for 2013, I cannot stand the latest talking points that Sony fans parrot regarding the PS4 being all about the games and the "core" gamer, while the Next Box is going to be all about the "casuals" and non-gaming entertainment.

Need I remind everyone that it was Sony who was the first major console manufacturer to push a certain non-gaming feature... movie playback... as one of the main selling points of their video game console. Not to mention the fact that for 2 generations straight, Sony have used their videogame consoles as vehicles for pushing certain media formats that they have a huge stake in... first DVD and now Blu-Ray.

But they're all about the games, while M$ and Nintendo are all about everything else, right?

what of the nintendo fans who "parrot" that nintendo is the only true gaming company and that ms and sony's efforts don't matter?

have you never seen those posts?

Sure have.  At least there's a little truth to that though, since Nintendo actually IS the only "true" gaming company left that manufactures their own proprietary consoles, while both Sony and M$ are corporate giants that decided to test the waters of the industry once it had already come back from the ashes and started becoming the multi-billion dollar entertainment industry we know it as today.

Honestly today's Sony fans remind me alot of the Nintendo fans circa the N64/GC eras where they were constantly on the defensive as their favorite gaming company lost more and more market share to stronger competition, and they would constantly parrot their favorite talking points such as Nintendo being the only "pure" gaming company that cares about gamers, and how they have the best 1st party exclusives while watching many 3rd party companies release previously exclusive games on multiple systems, or just leave their games off Nintendo consoles altogether.

Sound familiar?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

I'd still say this thread is justified looking at all the bans that happened in the LIVE thread.

People need to be taught a lesson.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

more needless hate :/

Incubi said:
I agree with Jim Sterling. I was on PSN and I happened to be in my lobby playing a game when I casually mentioned I bought a WiiU. I was immediately attacked in a vicious way. People where real friendly and all of a sudden they started raging and insulting me like rabid dogs. It was quite shocking.

*real talk* Playstation fanboys are complete nutcases and should be locked up in mental institutions *real talk*

^^ Exactly....this is spot on. I explained earlier they hate it when PC guys do the exact same thing they try on others. I get flak from them all but im beginning to think Sony fanboys dont really care about the games all they care about is the brand. They will defend ANYTHING with that logo on it.

pokoko said:
Nem said:
pokoko said:
Nem said:
Nintendo fanboys are usually the less obnoxious ones and look beyond the pre-established notions believing on the strength of Nintendo's strong first party software. I admire that, and they are usually a smart bunch that seem to embrace classic gaming, and that is something i can identify with. 

Gosh, isn't that a coincidence?  You mean the best fans happen to belong to your favorite system?  That's so lucky and unusual!

Assumption is the mother of all **** ups.

I do not have a Nintendo home system. Actually, the gamecube is the only one i ever got from nintendo. No, its an atitude thing.

So you're a Sony fan?  Damn, you might be right, then, maybe Sony fans really are more obnoxious.

haha... i see i must be a fanboy of something for you to  make sense of it. I'm a fanboy of games. How does that sound? Though i did enjoy the humor in your post.

Around the Network

Jaywood is just trying to get as much Sony fans banned as possible. DON'T COMMENT GODDAMMIT!!

To me frankly speaking, the worse are those kind of fans who have their assess on fire working on sending petitions even to President Obama. Why? Just to boycott a game as the protagonist lost his style. Too worse, in fact the worst. Dante's new hair in DmC to blame! It impedes gaming on many levels.

Otakumegane said:

PSABR GOTY WHO CARES IF IT SOLD 500K AND CRITICS BASHED IT.

No need to lie. Ninty fans did, without even playing it. Critics gave it a good score. 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/critic-reviews

Also, this is clearly a bait thread, so no need to start listing how annoying ms/sony/ninty fans are, because this won't end well. There are good arguments against all hardcore fans.

Where's Kowen when you want to hear what he says?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

There is no better or worse fanboy.

All fanboys are the same for me. They display the exact same behavior in all gaming websites I participate.