By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destrutoid says: Fact: PS3 fans****are the worst ( Do you agree?)

ethomaz said:

kain_kusanagi said:

I disagree. The term is deragatory. That's why the forum rules include it. I think you are missuing and missunderstand the term. the word Fan is short for fanatic. Fanboy is an insult.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/forum-rules.php#content

13. Insults and flaming. Attacking other users for any reason is never acceptable.

• Do not insult someone's religion, race, sex, sexuality, nationality, political beliefs, or gaming preferences. Debate is encouraged, as is civil disagreement, but respect the beliefs and opinions of others.
  • Similarly, do not insult without justification any group of people, be it a religious group, political group, or anything of that sort.
  • Don’t use slurs (gay, f*ggot, n*gger, etc) as insults, even if you’re not using them maliciously.
  • Do not personally insult other users. This includes calling them fanboys or trolls.
  • Report it when another user insults you instead of insulting them back. If they report you and no one reported their post, guess which one of you gets banned? The moderators do not have time to read every post in a thread, so they will often miss things that are not reported.
  • In general try to treat other users with respect and courtesy. We understand debates get heated, but don’t lose yourself in them. Remember you can’t continue the debate if you’re banned, so be respectful to your fellow forum members.

Every word can be a insult if used in a wrong way... I can be a fanboy and don't insult you in any way.

BTW I think the word troll is oversensitive here too... it's funny and can make a lot of jokes is used in the right way.

I did not take insult from you because you obviously didn't mean it as an insult. If you call yourself a fanboy it's not really an insult for you to call someon else a fan. I consider myself a fan of many things, but I do not consider myself a fanboy. Others may consider me a fanboy, but they probably just don't like my opinion and assume that I have some kind of agenda. That's how fanboys think. The world is black and white. If you don't like what they like you must be the enemy. Like I said I didn't take offense to what you said, because from your words you don't think the work Fanboy is bad. I think you are mistaken, but you clearly didn't mean to offend.

HOWEVER

It is against the rules and it's against the rules for a reason. Calling others Fanboy or Troll is against the rules because they the words are offensive to the majority. You may not take offence, but most do and for good reason. Calling someone a fanboy is the same as saying that anything they say is without merrit. It infers that they are not worth talking to. To call someone a fanboy is to call them worthless. That's how people take it and that's why it is against the rules.

Around the Network

What's funny too is that this article (from 2009) is being used now and people are agreeing with it. Sony fanboys whine when they lose exclusives and act like girls.

Fast forward to 2013. Nintendo fanboys whine because a game gets delayed or goes multiplat. Nintendo fanboys whine because specific games don't come to their console. Another day another Nintendo fanboy petition. Another day another Nintendo fanboy conspiracy theory.

Another day anothe thread to bitch about Sony fanboys being oh so evil.

All fanboys bitch, whine and moan like little spoiled brats.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Deyon said:
Jaywood is just trying to get as much Sony fans banned as possible. DON'T COMMENT GODDAMMIT!!

Nope.  That is on you guys if you all cant comment appropriately.  I have made it very clear i like sony and Miscrosoft but I dont have to go and bash every thing that I dont like either.  It will do you guys some good if you all just enjoy games because they are fun instead of supporting a company.  let people have fun instead of attacking them

JayWood2010 said:
Deyon said:
Jaywood is just trying to get as much Sony fans banned as possible. DON'T COMMENT GODDAMMIT!!

Nope.  That is on you guys if you all cant comment appropriately.  I have made it very clear i like sony and Miscrosoft but I dont have to go and bash every thing that I dont like either.  It will do you guys some good if you all just enjoy games because they are fun instead of supporting a company.  let people have fun instead of attacking them

You know i like how you always say things like that and then go makeing threads like these.....

o_O.Q said:
Paul said:
o_O.Q said:
NightDragon83 said:
Heh, an oldie but a goodie. Lots of truth in that article.

Updating it for 2013, I cannot stand the latest talking points that Sony fans parrot regarding the PS4 being all about the games and the "core" gamer, while the Next Box is going to be all about the "casuals" and non-gaming entertainment.

Need I remind everyone that it was Sony who was the first major console manufacturer to push a certain non-gaming feature... movie playback... as one of the main selling points of their video game console. Not to mention the fact that for 2 generations straight, Sony have used their videogame consoles as vehicles for pushing certain media formats that they have a huge stake in... first DVD and now Blu-Ray.

But they're all about the games, while M$ and Nintendo are all about everything else, right?

what of the nintendo fans who "parrot" that nintendo is the only true gaming company and that ms and sony's efforts don't matter?

have you never seen those posts?

Poor little guy, maybe your mom can make you some hot cocoa and get you a nice cookie.

i'm the "little guy" and you couldn't even muster up the courtesy to reply to the actual question i had... wow

edit: was your reply forced because of butthurt because what i posted was true? try and answer the question if you bother to reply again

I guess the hot cocoa and cookie weren't enough to calm you down? Try taking deep breaths and taking a break from the internet for 10 minutes.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Heavenly_King said:
JayWood2010 said:

Fact: PS3 fanboys are the worst

Jim Sterling, Reviews Editor
 4:00 PM on 09.20.2009

Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-

a 2009 article, really? LMAO!  Looks like you wasted lot of time to find and dig up that crap.   mmm... I wonder what can be said about some fan that post this in order piss off some people? XD

Once again I did not search for this.  I posted my search results on the first few pages.  This article was sent to me.

but, still dont you think that, if your intention is to have some civilized discussion about something relevant (2012-2013 stuff), posting an outdated article, with an outdated opinnion is not the best way to go?

JayWood2010 said:
Deyon said:

Sorry, i don't speak English.

NightDragon83 said:
o_O.Q said:
NightDragon83 said:

Updating it for 2013, I cannot stand the latest talking points that Sony fans parrot regarding the PS4 being all about the games and the "core" gamer, while the Next Box is going to be all about the "casuals" and non-gaming entertainment.

Need I remind everyone that it was Sony who was the first major console manufacturer to push a certain non-gaming feature... movie playback... as one of the main selling points of their video game console. Not to mention the fact that for 2 generations straight, Sony have used their videogame consoles as vehicles for pushing certain media formats that they have a huge stake in... first DVD and now Blu-Ray.

But they're all about the games, while M$ and Nintendo are all about everything else, right?

what of the nintendo fans who "parrot" that nintendo is the only true gaming company and that ms and sony's efforts don't matter?

Sure have.  At least there's a little truth to that though, since Nintendo actually IS the only "true" gaming company left that manufactures their own proprietary consoles, while both Sony and M$ are corporate giants that decided to test the waters of the industry once it had already come back from the ashes and started becoming the multi-billion dollar entertainment industry we know it as today.

Honestly today's Sony fans remind me alot of the Nintendo fans circa the N64/GC eras where they were constantly on the defensive as their favorite gaming company lost more and more market share to stronger competition, and they would constantly parrot their favorite talking points such as Nintendo being the only "pure" gaming company that cares about gamers, and how they have the best 1st party exclusives while watching many 3rd party companies release previously exclusive games on multiple systems, or just leave their games off Nintendo consoles altogether.

Sound familiar?

"they would constantly parrot their favorite talking points such as Nintendo being the only "pure" gaming company that cares about gamers, and how they have the best 1st party exclusives "

imo that still sounds like an accurate description of many nintendo fans but yea  see that among lots of sony fans as well

Euphoria14 said:
What's funny too is that this article (from 2009) is being used now and people are agreeing with it. Sony fanboys whine when they lose exclusives and act like girls.

Fast forward to 2013. Nintendo fanboys whine because a game gets delayed or goes multiplat. Nintendo fanboys whine because specific games don't come to their console. Another day another Nintendo fanboy petition. Another day another Nintendo fanboy conspiracy theory.

Another day anothe thread to bitch about Sony fanboys being oh so evil.

All fanboys bitch, whine and moan like little spoiled brats.

lol, nintendo fans are mad about the delay of rayman cuz it was ready to go and we got no games in Feb. Not cuz its going multiplat. I wouldn't care but to push it back half a year? The people who develope the game were pissed as well. Wouldn't you be? If a game is ready then why wait? jus saying

Paul said:
o_O.Q said:
Paul said:
o_O.Q said:
NightDragon83 said:

Poor little guy, maybe your mom can make you some hot cocoa and get you a nice cookie.

i'm the "little guy" and you couldn't even muster up the courtesy to reply to the actual question i had... wow

edit: was your reply forced because of butthurt because what i posted was true? try and answer the question if you bother to reply again

I guess the hot cocoa and cookie weren't enough to calm you down? Try taking deep breaths and taking a break from the internet for 10 minutes.

lol i'm wondering right now if you've acknowledged just how ironic your posts are?... i'm not the one acting like a kid here... guess who