By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF!!! Devil May Cry 4?

I see you're paying extra for that blur effect on PS3, haha.

At my store its the same price on both, but then again it's not the UK.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

"the cost of developing for bluray and Sony's strategy of loosing money on hardware to make it back on sales of software/peripherals is the reason"

bullshit, according to Capcom the price for the stores is identical for PS3/360 games. Apparently the stores decided they can ask more money from PS3 owners.

They may rot in hell.

halil23 said:
Kasz216 said:
The Fury said:
Looking around, in gaming £10 is a lot of difference for the same game especially when at some places 360 version is reduced to £30 and PS3 only to £40 ($18 difference).

Their business model must really make some crap up to think it works so they can charge that much difference.

Well lets see...

reportidly from what i've heard

Sony's liscensing fee is like 1 or 2 dollars more per game.

Blu-Ray discs cost a lot more then DVD9 to replicate.

DMC was originally made on a PC and then ported to 360 and PS3. 360 is much more like a standard PC then PS3. Therefore the porting to PS3 probably took more time and effort.

Additionally, the 360 is more familiar, meaning that even more costs were probably needed to make the PS3 port as good as it could be.

So i'd have to guess all four of those factors led to the PS3 port costing more then the 360 port and they decided to charge the PS3 the difference instead of splitting it across both consoles.

If you look at it from that model it seems to make perfect sense, no?

WOW!!! it sound like DMC4 is the only multiplatform game you know of, what I'm saying is how is all the other multiplatform games having to go though porting, disc cost differences, licensing fee etc and still have the same price!

Because other companies are smart enough to know they can't get away with that?

Yeah , I read about it on another site to ... it isnt Capcoms fault , retailers priced it ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

yep read this too. PS3 version will be $10 more than 360 version.

I say Bluray FT$. Seriously, that is the only reason I can think it would cost more. I think the retailer price it is just crap they are throwing at the consumers to pass the blame.

EDIT: Originally I thought this was a global thing. Looks like just PAL versions. hmm. really don't know now.

Around the Network

well thats not right they should cost the same

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

hunter_alien said:
Yeah , I read about it on another site to ... it isnt Capcoms fault , retailers priced it ...

I heard retailers price it... however Capcom suggested they price the PS3 version 10 dollars more.

Seems odd.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

hunter_alien said:

All the retailers have a RRP as £49.99 for PS3 and £39.99 for 360 version. After that, they can price as they please but with so many independent retailers listing the RRP as the above. They are all usually told what the RRP is, after that they choose (aren't they?).

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
hunter_alien said:

All the retailers have a RRP as £49.99 for PS3 and £39.99 for 360 version. After that, they can price as they please but with so many independent retailers listing the RRP as the above. They are all usually told what the RRP is, after that they choose (aren't they?).

Assuming an RRP is the same thing as a MSRP yes. (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Pirce.) I've heard Capcom is saying they don't force stores to charge more... but stores are saying the MSRP was 10 higher on the PS3... and stores usually follow MSRPs to the letter.

So in other words, it seems like Capcom may have suggested that stores charge more. The stores went along with it... and now that there is backlash they are saying "We didn't force them to do it!" (We just suggested it, but we won't mention that.)

Atleast that's how it works in the US... and i'd guess europe too.