By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Get Xbox Live Gold $34.99 12 months now

zorg1000 said:
JayWood2010 said:

If you are talking about the $99 X360 it does exist.  But you have to pay $15 monthly for it.

Well it is hard to recommend people games when everybody has different preferences.  For me I use my X360 for Multiplayer games more than anything.  I do prefer XBL over PSN for example so games like CoD, BF, or even sports games I prefer on X360 because XBLG and the operating system.  Also I prefer the controller for X360.  As for exclusive content I can give a few games that I personally enjoyed.  

Halo, Gears, and Fable are the three most obvious ones although personally i wouldnt buy a console for fable.  

Forza hands down I would say is the best racing game if you are into racing.  Specially if you are artistic because you can make some awesome cars on that game.

Lost Odyssey for JRPG's.  People say it is what Final Fantasy XIII should have been.  

Ive also enjoyed Viva Pinata (Simulator)  BattleBlock Theater (Platformer) Aegis Wing (Space shooter) Minecraft ( if you dont have a PC)  Trials Evolution, mark of the Ninja, Dead or Alive 4, Project Gotham Racing, Alan Wake (one of my favs) and Left 4 Dead are all great games.  Of course a few of those are also for PC so it depends on that as well.  A lot of people seem to like Crackdown as well although personally i think it is just ok.  State of Decay right now is exploding on to the scene as well.

I mean it really comes down to what you like and what makes it worth it to you.  For me XBL is a selling point but not everybody may feel that way but if you want to play Gears and Halo (two of my all time favorite series) they really are fantastic games although a lot of that is because multiplayer so it also depends on if you are a multiplayer gamer.  I mean if you are a single player gamer I'd recommend the PS3 over the X360 as Ive enjoyed more singleplayer games on my PS3 than my X360.  So it does depend on what type of gamer you are even though Halo and gears still does have a good story.  A lot of xbox exclusives are revolved around multiplayer in some shape or form.

With all that said I wont tell you if you should buy it as it really comes down to your preferences and if you can justify the money for what you buy.

There was a rumor a few months back saying a $99 digital only model was coming at E3, thats what I was takking about. Im not gonna sign a 2 year contract for a service that im still on the fence about. 

Ive played a little bit of Crackdown and Left 4 Dead at a friends and they were both pretty cool, Alan Wake and Lost Odyssey look pretty interesting too. I want to get a 360 but not sure if im willing to pay $200-300 for it.

Ohhh, project stingray.  Yeah that appears to be false unfortunately.  And Alan Wake is amazing XD  One of my favorite games this generation personally.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
CDiablo said:
Please dont take this as me knocking your posting of this deal(its a good deal). But a gamer can take a trip to cheapassgamer.com on ANY given week and find XBL for $30-$40. You can occasionally even find MS points for anywhere between %10-%66 off. No one should ever pay $60 for live. Again good post OP.

Could you post a link to the listing?

go to cheapassgamer.com . Visit the site when you can. Theres always deals on XBL.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Random question: Is it true that microsoft is giving us a year of xbl gold with every xbox one? Or is it just for people who pre-order from their online store? I've heard rumors of this but dunno if true.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Random question: Is it true that microsoft is giving us a year of xbl gold with every xbox one? Or is it just for people who pre-order from their online store? I've heard rumors of this but dunno if true.

At the moment it is just rumor.  Nothing has been confirmed yet.  Hopefully they do though.  That would bring the price of the console down a little bit for people who doesnt have XBLG and wants to play online. 

Either way I expect they will at least give a free month a way to get people hooked.

JayWood2010 said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

At the moment it is just rumor.  Nothing has been confirmed yet.  Hopefully they do though.  That would bring the price of the console down a little bit for people who doesnt have XBLG and wants to play online. 

Either way I expect they will at least give a free month a way to get people hooked.

Oh ok well it doesnt bother me as i recently renewed mine. 

Around the Network

One thing I really gotta say here if you are buying reduced price Microsoft Xbox live gold time! Make sure you don't get these and stick them in a box somewhere waiting for your current time to expire or to possibly use them on another account later, make sure to check the card first before putting them away anywhere as Microsoft XBLG cards all have an expiry date on them. Saying that even if your account doesn't run out for 10 months or so and the card would expire in 2 months time you can still perfectly go into the Xbox menu and redeem any codes in date today and it would add the 12 months onto your account so you'd have 22 months of gold to burn through.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

You just gotta be quick when the deals are hot. I was able to get a year for $20 not too long ago, and $25 the years prior. I don't think I've paid more then $35 for Live in years. I've stacked Live up to 3 years, not sure if it lasts longer then that?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Xbox-360-Live-12-Month-Gold-Membership-Subscription-Card/400500653707?customid=C1uIXuH7EeKbeKYqsUvgHA0_S7Na3_cXN_0_0&pub=5574652453&afepn=5335869999&campid=5335869999&afepn=5335869999

Proof of the $20 Live Card, and was sold through buy.com's account on eBay so 100% legit.

It's just that simple.

Saw this over on NeoGaf:

Xbox Live One Year Subscription Digital Code for $40! Regular price is $60 so you save $20!

http://m.microsoftstore.com/msusa/Catalog/Product/288505400?ClickID=b6y6du16gfgzmndgegqfsqqfemzfsukqvqqv

Nsanity said:

Saw this over on NeoGaf:

Xbox Live One Year Subscription Digital Code for $40! Regular price is $60 so you save $20!

http://m.microsoftstore.com/msusa/Catalog/Product/288505400?ClickID=b6y6du16gfgzmndgegqfsqqfemzfsukqvqqv

Thank you!

thx