By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Get Xbox Live Gold $34.99 12 months now

JayWood2010 said:
Goatseye said:
This is some good stuff Jay Wood, this is something I'd like to see more around here community spirit.
Anyway, where have you been? Tired of us?

Thanks :)  I come and go now.  I have a few users who really dislike me so there was a few people who would ruin a lot of my threads by accusing me of things so I just stopped making them.  I made a few this month though.

They've been getting out of hand but now I just completly ignore them as I see what they want. It would be cool though to hear more people adding good stuff about Xbox as others are just trolling.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
zorg1000 said:
What advantages does Gold have over Silver? Ive been thinking about getting a 360 to play Halo/Gears and a few other exclusives. I dont game online often but if I get a 360 ill probably get COD so I can play with my friends back home.

I dont know much about Silver since i havent really had it but I do know it has access to the internet and your friends list.  But without gold you cant access apps and multiplayer.  What I would reccomend is picking up CoD and getting about a month 1 or 3 months worth of XBLG so you can play with them.  If you then get addicted to CoD buy more XBLG.  I know many people only pay for XBLG for when they want to play a specific game online so that would be my reccomentdation.  1 month is $10 and 3 months is $20.

Thanks Jay, still not 100% sure im gonna get a 360, I was deadset on getting one if the $100 digital only model was real but since its still $200-300 I may wait. I was only gonna get it for the exclusives since I already have a PS3 so outside of Halo/Gears/Fable any good exclusives u reccomend?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
JayWood2010 said:

I dont know much about Silver since i havent really had it but I do know it has access to the internet and your friends list.  But without gold you cant access apps and multiplayer.  What I would reccomend is picking up CoD and getting about a month 1 or 3 months worth of XBLG so you can play with them.  If you then get addicted to CoD buy more XBLG.  I know many people only pay for XBLG for when they want to play a specific game online so that would be my reccomentdation.  1 month is $10 and 3 months is $20.

Thanks Jay, still not 100% sure im gonna get a 360, I was deadset on getting one if the $100 digital only model was real but since its still $200-300 I may wait. I was only gonna get it for the exclusives since I already have a PS3 so outside of Halo/Gears/Fable any good exclusives u reccomend?

If you are talking about the $99 X360 it does exist.  But you have to pay $15 monthly for it.

Well it is hard to recommend people games when everybody has different preferences.  For me I use my X360 for Multiplayer games more than anything.  I do prefer XBL over PSN for example so games like CoD, BF, or even sports games I prefer on X360 because XBLG and the operating system.  Also I prefer the controller for X360.  As for exclusive content I can give a few games that I personally enjoyed.  

Halo, Gears, and Fable are the three most obvious ones although personally i wouldnt buy a console for fable.  

Forza hands down I would say is the best racing game if you are into racing.  Specially if you are artistic because you can make some awesome cars on that game.

Lost Odyssey for JRPG's.  People say it is what Final Fantasy XIII should have been.  

Ive also enjoyed Viva Pinata (Simulator)  BattleBlock Theater (Platformer) Aegis Wing (Space shooter) Minecraft ( if you dont have a PC)  Trials Evolution, mark of the Ninja, Dead or Alive 4, Project Gotham Racing, Alan Wake (one of my favs) and Left 4 Dead are all great games.  Of course a few of those are also for PC so it depends on that as well.  A lot of people seem to like Crackdown as well although personally i think it is just ok.  State of Decay right now is exploding on to the scene as well.

I mean it really comes down to what you like and what makes it worth it to you.  For me XBL is a selling point but not everybody may feel that way but if you want to play Gears and Halo (two of my all time favorite series) they really are fantastic games although a lot of that is because multiplayer so it also depends on if you are a multiplayer gamer.  I mean if you are a single player gamer I'd recommend the PS3 over the X360 as Ive enjoyed more singleplayer games on my PS3 than my X360.  So it does depend on what type of gamer you are even though Halo and gears still does have a good story.  A lot of xbox exclusives are revolved around multiplayer in some shape or form.

With all that said I wont tell you if you should buy it as it really comes down to your preferences and if you can justify the money for what you buy.

Goatseye said:
JayWood2010 said:

They've been getting out of hand but now I just completly ignore them as I see what they want. It would be cool though to hear more people adding good stuff about Xbox as others are just trolling.

To be fair, every company has annoying fans so the best thing to do is just ignore those people if you can.

Its gone already :(

Around the Network

Please dont take this as me knocking your posting of this deal(its a good deal). But a gamer can take a trip to cheapassgamer.com on ANY given week and find XBL for $30-$40. You can occasionally even find MS points for anywhere between %10-%66 off. No one should ever pay $60 for live. Again good post OP.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

JayWood2010 said:

To be fair, every company has annoying fans so the best thing to do is just ignore those people if you can.

Totally agree with you. But when you see the same crew, on every major gaming website, attempting to troll Nintendo and MS, it's human nature to put'em in a bag together.

Vetteman94 said:
Its gone already :(

Ill update. Thank you.

CDiablo said:
Please dont take this as me knocking your posting of this deal(its a good deal). But a gamer can take a trip to cheapassgamer.com on ANY given week and find XBL for $30-$40. You can occasionally even find MS points for anywhere between %10-%66 off. No one should ever pay $60 for live. Again good post OP.

Could you post a link to the listing?

JayWood2010 said:
zorg1000 said:
JayWood2010 said:

If you are talking about the $99 X360 it does exist.  But you have to pay $15 monthly for it.

Well it is hard to recommend people games when everybody has different preferences.  For me I use my X360 for Multiplayer games more than anything.  I do prefer XBL over PSN for example so games like CoD, BF, or even sports games I prefer on X360 because XBLG and the operating system.  Also I prefer the controller for X360.  As for exclusive content I can give a few games that I personally enjoyed.  

Halo, Gears, and Fable are the three most obvious ones although personally i wouldnt buy a console for fable.  

Forza hands down I would say is the best racing game if you are into racing.  Specially if you are artistic because you can make some awesome cars on that game.

Lost Odyssey for JRPG's.  People say it is what Final Fantasy XIII should have been.  

Ive also enjoyed Viva Pinata (Simulator)  BattleBlock Theater (Platformer) Aegis Wing (Space shooter) Minecraft ( if you dont have a PC)  Trials Evolution, mark of the Ninja, Dead or Alive 4, Project Gotham Racing, Alan Wake (one of my favs) and Left 4 Dead are all great games.  Of course a few of those are also for PC so it depends on that as well.  A lot of people seem to like Crackdown as well although personally i think it is just ok.  State of Decay right now is exploding on to the scene as well.

I mean it really comes down to what you like and what makes it worth it to you.  For me XBL is a selling point but not everybody may feel that way but if you want to play Gears and Halo (two of my all time favorite series) they really are fantastic games although a lot of that is because multiplayer so it also depends on if you are a multiplayer gamer.  I mean if you are a single player gamer I'd recommend the PS3 over the X360 as Ive enjoyed more singleplayer games on my PS3 than my X360.  So it does depend on what type of gamer you are even though Halo and gears still does have a good story.  A lot of xbox exclusives are revolved around multiplayer in some shape or form.

With all that said I wont tell you if you should buy it as it really comes down to your preferences and if you can justify the money for what you buy.

There was a rumor a few months back saying a $99 digital only model was coming at E3, thats what I was takking about. Im not gonna sign a 2 year contract for a service that im still on the fence about. 

Ive played a little bit of Crackdown and Left 4 Dead at a friends and they were both pretty cool, Alan Wake and Lost Odyssey look pretty interesting too. I want to get a 360 but not sure if im willing to pay $200-300 for it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.