By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - North Korea makes one of the dumbest decisions in history- Decides to Nuke America

JayWood2010 said:
mai said:
JayWood2010 said:
mai said:

JayWood2010 said:

It's quite simply not true. Al-Qaeda never had any presence in Iraq, not until a whole year after the invasion, nor Saddam had any connections with it. Heck, the fact it exists is thanks to you :D

lololol Searching.  As we did not know where they was. Who knows where all they went, but hey we found them.  Oh yes thanks to me, im just horrible person.  

Good job hating america though.  It does you a lot of good ;)

Bad jokes and accusations whe you've got nothing to say? O-o-key.

Does it sound like Im joking? You can hate America, your more than welcome but you don't know much other than forming your own opinion based on things you know little about

Brrr, fail to comprehend. Are you drunk? What's so hating in stating the facts?

Read through your and the other guys comments and it is very easy to figure out where opinions was formed.  While there is a few facts in there they seem to be clouded with racist and biased opinions formed around what you all dislike about america

Ok, you are not drunk, you are just overcompensating. Save you psychological problems for someone else, I'm certainly not willing to support this kind of discussion.

BTW Racist? Dislike? Really? May I ask a proof? 

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_Korean_missile_tests

Seth, ROK's Naro-1 had a lot of failures as well before it was successfully launched. It's quite normal. Besides article you're referring to isn't full, second launch in December, 2012 was successful.

mai said:
sethnintendo said:

Seth, ROC's Naro-1 had a lot of failures as well before it was successfully launched. It's quite normal. Besides article you're referring to isn't full, second launch in December, 2012 was successful.

Was that the one that put the satellite into orbit which quickly lost control of it?  I would say that was a 50% success.

http://gizmodo.com/5968007/north-korea-satellite-out-of-control-why-this-is-very-bad-news

sethnintendo said:
mai said:
sethnintendo said:

Seth, ROC's Naro-1 had a lot of failures as well before it was successfully launched. It's quite normal. Besides article you're referring to isn't full, second launch in December, 2012 was successful.

Was that the one that put the satellite into orbit which quickly lost control and fell out of orbit?   They can't even keep a satellite in orbit.  Grats to them to finally make it to orbit.

That's a problem of satellite not a rocket, rocket did it's job. Besides you seem to underestimate what huge role failures have played in the early era of space age, compare it to a history of Soviet and US space programs before their working horses have achieved >95% reliability rate :) DPRK rockets might be sucky but ROK rockets are equally as sucky then.

mai said:
sethnintendo said:
mai said:
sethnintendo said:

Was that the one that put the satellite into orbit which quickly lost control and fell out of orbit?   They can't even keep a satellite in orbit.  Grats to them to finally make it to orbit.

That's a problem of satellite not a rocket, rocket did it's job. Besides you seem to underestimate what huge role failures have played in the early era of space age, compare it to a history of Soviet and US space programs before their working horses have achieved >95% reliability rate :) DPRK rockets might be sucky but ROK rockets are equally as sucky then.

Actually, I was wrong it didn't fall out of orbit.  It is just out of control now which it could slam into another satellite.  Yea, early rockets during the 50s and 60s sucked because it was the birth of the industry.  If it wasn't for the Germans everyone would probably be a lot further behind than they are now.  Basically, USA and Soviets took all the top German scientist and put them to work in the space program (the ones involved with V1/V2 rockets).  I am sure you already know this but if anyone deserves credit for space exploration it is the Germans.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

Actually, I was wrong it didn't fall out of orbit.  It is just out of control now which it could slam into another satellite.  Yea, early rockets during the 50s and 60s sucked because it was the birth of the industry.  If it wasn't for the Germans everyone would probably be a lot further behind than they are now.  Basically, USA and Soviets took all the top German scientist and put them to work in the space program (the ones involved with V1/V2 rockets).  I am sure you already know this but if anyone deserves credit for space exploration it is the Germans.

Speak for yourself :) You're the ones who got von Braun, while we got nothing. Granted early prototypes like R-1 were very reminiscent of V-2 design, but I couldn't name a single German scientist who used to work on Soviet space program, let alone a person of the magnitude of von Braun.

FrancisNobleman said:
Why are they so pissed with the USA ?

Is the US drilling oil there or something ?

You have to understand what North Korea has been feeding it's people for decades. They tell their history like this: THEY won WWII, THEY defeated the Japanese, and they have been at war with the USA ever sine the Korean War started. That's why they hate us. Because we got involved to "stop the spread of communism", creating South Korea, and they HATE that, because Kim Jong Il's dad was the Sun god, he was the son of the Sun god, and now HIS son is the son of the son of the Sun god. Who are we to mess with the Sun god?

Basically, the worst case of government misinformation perhaps in the world today.

sethnintendo said:
phinch1 said:
sethnintendo said:
KeptoKnight said:
What makes you people think that North Korea does not have the capacity for a nuclear strike against the mainland of the United States?

They haven't developed a nuke capable of fitting on a rocket (all their nukes that they have made so far are probably big bulky nukes that look similar to the first nukes ever made).

Their rockets just plain suck.  I believe most of their rocket tests have ended in failure.

So you've seen them?

I think you really under estimate north Korea...

also The USA's "rockets just plain suck"  especially their manned one's

2012 North Korean satellite rocket launch  exploded 90 secs after launch, 2006 North Korean missile test failed 42 secs after launch

"You probably already know that North Korea has a long history of firing long-range missiles into the air, with mixed success. The country first showed off its aeronautical prowess—as much as a secretive authoritarian regime can—in 1998 with a Taepodong-1 rocket. Neither the rocket nor its satellite payload reached orbit. The country's second attempt in 2006 ended 40 seconds after liftoff when the Taepodong-2 rocket exploded. For its third attempt in 2009, North Korean engineers created a more advanced version of the Taepodong-2, known as the Unha-2 ("Galaxie-2"), but its third-stage engine failed to ignite and the entire assembly crashed into the Pacific Ocean. And in April of last year, North Korea's latest rocket iteration, the Unha-3, also "failed to reach orbit".

In early December, though, North Korea's Unha-3 launch found moderate success. Which is a little terrifying, given its presumed specs and capabilities. While they can't be independently verified, we do know that it too is a three-stage rocket, based on the Unha-2 design, measuring about 105 feet tall and eight feet in diameter. Its primary stage engine carries 80,000 kg of fuel, its second stage carries an additional 7,000 kg, and its final stage shot a 220-pound weather satellite, the Kwangmyongsong-3, into polar orbit. A satellite which quickly, hilariously, and dangerously spun out of control."

"It will be years before the country can make a nuclear device that's small enough to fit on a ballistic missile, and years more until it has enough confidence in its launches to guarantee a direct hit."

http://gizmodo.com/5989194/could-north-korea-really-hit-us-with-a-nuke

"The American intelligence community assessment is that North Korea remains some years from achieving the capability to threaten the continental U.S. with a nuclear device small enough to fit on a ballistic missile, though it may pose a nuclear threat to its regional neighbors sooner.

South Korea said after last month’s test that it doubts Kim Jong Un’s regime has perfected the miniaturization technology. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-07/north-korea-makes-nuclear-threat-ahead-of-un-sanctions-vote.html

You ask me for evidence to back up my claim and I have.  What sources do you have?  None

I'm sorry seth i stopped reading after i saw WIKI, you do realise north korea is a very secret opperating country......even the maps in north korea at train stations are fake.... you don't honestly believe wiki has a clue whats going on there do you?

Marks said:
If you nuke N. Korea wouldn't the radiation spread to S. Korea, China, Japan, etc.? So that's not really an option. But obviously we could destroy them without nukes also.

I doubt that, look what happend to you guys in Vietnam

phinch1 said:
Marks said:
If you nuke N. Korea wouldn't the radiation spread to S. Korea, China, Japan, etc.? So that's not really an option. But obviously we could destroy them without nukes also.

I doubt that, look what happend to you guys in Vietnam

The North Vietnamese liked being Communist, America intervening there was almost like an invasion for them, the Vietnamese wanted them out, I'm certain the North Koreans don't want to stay part of the Communist regime any longer and would jump at the chance to leave for the South (think of all the food instantly available and the medicle supplies, it wouldn't take much).