By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I Love PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale More Than Super Smash Bros.

I own smash bros and played it several times, but never really enjoyed it. The fighting style is just not my cup of tea. Same with Street fighter. Great game, never really enjoyed it.
I absolutely love psasbr. The gameplay is much more fun for me. Sure, there are tons of things wrong with it (ugly menus, ugly credits, several modes missing), but the great gameplay more than makes up for it.

Around the Network

Venga, vete a decir tonterías a otra parte, payaso.

Otakumegane said:
BlowoverKing said:
Otakumegane said:
....Ok? Final Smashes anyone?

I know there similar but it just doesn't feel the same. With a final Smash its like getting a level 3 super, its just implied your going to kill everyone but when you kill everyone with a level 2 or especially a level 1 it just feels awesome. Jak has probably the worst level one so getting a triple kill with it take perfect timing unlike a final smash.

Ok you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Enjoy wallowing in your ignorance.

To be fair, some Final Smashes are "Press B to win" (glares at Olimar) but many of them require precision deployment.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I am think Sony may have a shot if they do a mashup brawl along the lines of what God of War is doing. Do it in a 3D arena with platforms and whatnot you can jump on. Smash Bros. is SO 16bit in nature, and has a fan base for it. Why people would end up finding that something worth emulating, and not leave the Smash Bros. base alone is beyond me personally.

Bruxel said:
what bothers me, is how did that horrible Alien Colonial marines game beat Playstation allstars in sales.

i think playstation all stars had a good attempt at first go and was crazily ove hyped and sales predictions. But sadly it will never live up to smash in sales and game quality.

The PS3 has a base into FPS, and also others who like the Aliens franchise.  Those into Smash Bros. own a Nintendo platform, and didn't see reasons to switch.  End result is you will get the Alien game outselling All-Stars.  It stumps me why people think All-Stars would sell millions on a platform without a lot of people who are into Smash Bros. type games.   What needs to be asked here is: Why would anyone into Smash Bros. want to switch to All-Stars?

Around the Network

don't worry dude i agree

this game along with modnation kind of kills any anticipation i'd have for another nintendo console

why get smash or kart when i enjoy this and modnation more

edit: now that i think on it that still leaves zelda but i'm not buying a whole console for one game

Otakumegane said:
BlowoverKing said:
Otakumegane said:
....Ok? Final Smashes anyone?

I know there similar but it just doesn't feel the same. With a final Smash its like getting a level 3 super, its just implied your going to kill everyone but when you kill everyone with a level 2 or especially a level 1 it just feels awesome. Jak has probably the worst level one so getting a triple kill with it take perfect timing unlike a final smash.

Ok you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Enjoy wallowing in your ignorance.

lol he's ignorant for having a different opinion? thats some funny shit right there

i understand what he's talking about unlike in smash where you hit a random ball to activate the special in all stars you have to grind the whole match for a level 3 and when you do pull it off its far more satisfying imo

o_O.Q said:

don't worry dude i agree

this game along with modnation kind of kills any anticipation i'd have for another nintendo console

edit: now that i think on it that still leaves zelda but i'm not buying a whole console for one game

We are all very shocked that you feel that way.

richardhutnik said:
Bruxel said:
what bothers me, is how did that horrible Alien Colonial marines game beat Playstation allstars in sales.

i think playstation all stars had a good attempt at first go and was crazily ove hyped and sales predictions. But sadly it will never live up to smash in sales and game quality.

The PS3 has a base into FPS, and also others who like the Aliens franchise.  Those into Smash Bros. own a Nintendo platform, and didn't see reasons to switch.  End result is you will get the Alien game outselling All-Stars.  It stumps me why people think All-Stars would sell millions on a platform without a lot of people who are into Smash Bros. type games.   What needs to be asked here is: Why would anyone into Smash Bros. want to switch to All-Stars?

the ps3 has a base that likes fighting games why not release a fighting game with some of the characters that have been exclusive to playstation?

i don 't know what kind of weird logic you're trying to use there but i can understand what the developers were thinking

Play4Fun said:
o_O.Q said:

don't worry dude i agree

We are all very shocked that you feel that way.

are you still butthurt that i don't love nintendo as much as you? get over it buddy honestly this is sad i thought you were over it by now

i'm still kind of weirded out about your stalking