By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I Love PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale More Than Super Smash Bros.

It's Just SOOO satisfying when you kill all the other players at once!

*EDIT* I mainly mean killing everyone with a level one super which at least with jak is very hard and even with his level 2 it still hard, the video is just showing jaks 3 supers. Also I never said you CAN'T kill everyone in smash i just find it more satisfying in all-stars.

BTW this is me playing

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network

....Ok? Final Smashes anyone?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Have you actually played Smash?

Otakumegane said:

I know there similar but it just doesn't feel the same. With a final Smash its like getting a level 3 super, its just implied your going to kill everyone but when you kill everyone with a level 2 or especially a level 1 it just feels awesome. Jak has probably the worst level one so getting a triple kill with it take perfect timing unlike a final smash.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

dahuman said:

Yes I have and it's one of my favorite game series but in my opinion it's not as good as All-Stars. Sorry to disappoint you.

Around the Network
BlowoverKing said:
Otakumegane said:

I know there similar but it just doesn't feel the same. With a final Smash its like getting a level 3 super, its just implied your going to kill everyone but when you kill everyone with a level 2 or especially a level 1 it just feels awesome. Jak has probably the worst level one so getting a triple kill with it take perfect timing unlike a final smash.

Ok you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Enjoy wallowing in your ignorance.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I love both equally but differently. They're both different games, after all. However, I personally prefer Smash Bros. PSASBR is very offensive because of the supers while Smash I find is more defensive (well based on how I play at least).Plus Smash is not very complex so it is easy to pick up and play. Don't get me wrong that doesn't suggest it is shallow. There is depth in the game and you can use strategy too, but I like that it is so accessible. Also, the ring outs and percentage factor can put you on your seat during a match. There are certain touches PSASBR is missing. I felt they didn't want to emulate Smash too much so they tried to go in a totally different direction, and in the process they left out somethings that I thought were essential. Despite its flaws I have a lot of fun with it. Personally, PSASBR is a good game but it has a long way to go still. Hopefully the next game will have more refinements.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Otakumegane said:
BlowoverKing said:
Otakumegane said:

Ok you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Enjoy wallowing in your ignorance.

Sorry my opinion differs from yours. I just don't find Smash as enjoyable as All-Stars and its not like i'm trying to convince you that All-Stars the best fighter ever. Thats why the subject title says why "I" love playstation all-stars battle royale more than super smash bros. Key word is "I" as in me.

BlowoverKing said:
dahuman said:

Yes I have and it's one of my favorite game series but in my opinion it's not as good as All-Stars. Sorry to disappoint you.

I'm not disappointed at all, I just found your statement in the OP to be very strange since you make it sound like it's impossible to kill all other players at once in Smash and feel satisfied about it which would be entirely false, considering that most final smashes can't one hit kill anything. I can seriously careless about your preference, it's more the wrong statement that bothers me.

Weedlab said:
I love both equally but differently. They're both different games, after all. However, I personally prefer Smash Bros. PSASBR is very offensive because of the supers while Smash I find is more defensive (well based on how I play at least).Plus Smash is not very complex so it is easy to pick up and play. Don't get me wrong that doesn't suggest it is shallow. There is depth in the game and you can use strategy too, but I like that it is so accessible. Also, the ring outs and percentage factor can put you on your seat during a match. There are certain touches PSASBR is missing. I felt they didn't want to emulate Smash too much so they tried to go in a totally different direction, and in the process they left out somethings that I thought were essential. Despite its flaws I have a lot of fun with it. Personally, PSASBR is a good game but it has a long way to go still. Hopefully the next game will have more refinements.

I agree that there are things that All-stars is missing. Like i really don't like the items at all in the game they just feel like they added them just to have items. Also I wish there were more game modes but as far as which game i prefer to play it's going to be All-stars everytime.