By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

radishhead said:
DarkThanatos said:
radishhead said:

It's definitely happened in at least one of the games you've played. Not that it matters particularly - the point is that Spurge could well be Mafia based off this early encounter

Refresh my memory would you please? (genuine not sarcastic. If it has happened i wanna know) 

Yeah, Spurge COULD be mafia, but then so could everyone. Statistically speaking probably 2-4 of the players who have already posted are probably mafia. Spurge throws out random suspicion every other post. What's your point? 

It happened two rounds in a row and then once more later on; I reckon you were playing in the third round when it happened. 

It's not about the fact that Spurge put suspicion on someone, it's about the fact that he put suspicion on me. Generally speaking, players who put suspicion on me early are Mafia because they like mislynches, and I don't normally respond to such targeting until I'm on around L5 - this makes the mafia assume that they can start a line of suspicion early and then detach themselves from it later. Mario did it last game, pretty sure Linkz did it 3-4 rounds ago - I think Spurge is doing it this game.

You've been lynched Day One twice. Round 30 and Round 49

You don't ever learn, but your self-absorption is a good sign of you being town.

Around the Network

Really? Based on my experience, it's common that Day 1 devolves into paranoia with townies going at each other's throats when it's allowed to last long. It usually ends with a mislynch and the townie(s) who wanted to see that guy dead can be easily set up for a mislynch on one of the following Days, unless they can claim a believable power role.

Since that's how Day 1 usually plays out, scum would want exactly that: A Day 1 that drags on and possibly breaks the spirit of the town. Especially vanilla townies are prone to stop caring when the game gets drowned in a sea of non-tells.

A quick "no lynch" is definitely not in the best interest of scum, because it will prevent them from planting seeds of suspicion. In general, the town play in VGC Mafia is so awful that a long Day 1 is pretty much always detrimental to town and a Day 1 lynch rarely happens to be correct.

Except when Prof is scum. When he gets lynched day one and the scum lose spectacularly :D

But no, I actually agree with Linkz. I don't think  an incredibly short day one is usful for town. Despite the usual town death, you get lots of vibes from how people play and respond to things, and you can see how players interact with other players. For the good town players- that's where you get your leads from. 

I'm supporting this policy lynch on FF in the case that he doesn't post. My vote is to pressure him into posting. If it looks like it is gaining support, I am unvoting. I  don't want a short day one.

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

spurgeonryan said:
As we saw last game. And on. And on. And on.

Dt, smeags and I know what to do when that happens though. If you did not play that game then you would not understand.

Good times man. Good times.

Linkzmax said:

You've been lynched Day One twice. Round 30 and Round 49

You don't ever learn, but your self-absorption is a good sign of you being town.

Well, waddaya know, Radish was right :P 

Cheers for the info Linkz. 

Still, the frequency of that happening is so low, I wouldn't consider it a major concern Radish. 

Why do you say "self-absorption" is a good sign of him being town Linkz? Usually intense paranoia over people suspecting you comes with scumminess i find?

Yes, Rol. This is why I like deadlines for Days. People can't just wait and see what happens, because then nothing will. When used correctly everyone should be forced to speak up.

DT, radish is unusual.

Around the Network

checking in

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

I've never seen Radish post so much so that's a town tell for me. My last experience with him was in the game with Miz and Linx, and well Radish was basically a lurker then.

Almost already confirmed town for me lol, but I won't jump the gun. Yoshiya pretty high on the townie list as well, pretty balsy to limit your options as scum day 1. If he is scum though that was a hell of a move.

spurgeonryan said:
I cannot see your sig on my kindle, besides" thanks Miz". So what are you thanking him for?

How do you feel about the no lynch situation HappyD?

In a 20-man game, the less noise the better, so a short day 1 is ok by me. Town also have roles that we can use during the night to investigate.

I'm not going to no lynch but if the day gets too long I will no lynch and timelimit if it's offered.

nen-suer said:

The game just started and you're already making excuses for lurking :P

With 20 players (or so) you dont need one at least for 48 hours.

Vote: Mario

Obvious scum is obvious.

Na bro. I was just letting town know I wouldn't be posting so that I don't look suspicious by simply "checking in" and then darting away.

I can usually tell when you are scum, but you did mess me up that one game.

You said I was town very early on in that game and I trusted you because of it, for some reason..

Now, you go after me very early this game. Even if it is jokingly.

Could be a change of strategy, or I could be over thinking this.

Either way, FoS Nen.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Stefl1504 said:

Greatings from the miller

What would you do if I claimed miller right now?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089