By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

DarkThanatos said:
radishhead said:
Yoshiya said:
radishhead said:
Spurge is always a crazy person, but this "ping" doesn't make any sense at all - as a rule, I try to stay clear of declaring "suspicion" from the first few posts, but this definitely feels like a player trying to get rid of my early. This is what Mario did throughout last round, and he turned out to be Mafia

Since when have you been so paranoid? O.o You were like this last game as well

Questioning the paranoia while admitting that I did the same as town last game? I'm not going to put this town to you being mafia, however

It's mainly because I've died day 1 a couple of times because of "pings" such as this. 

I don't recall the last time that happened and I've been playing for 8 games now...

It's definitely happened in at least one of the games you've played. Not that it matters particularly - the point is that Spurge could well be Mafia based off this early encounter

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:
DarkThanatos said:
radishhead said:

Questioning the paranoia while admitting that I did the same as town last game? I'm not going to put this town to you being mafia, however

It's mainly because I've died day 1 a couple of times because of "pings" such as this. 

I don't recall the last time that happened and I've been playing for 8 games now...

It's definitely happened in at least one of the games you've played. Not that it matters particularly - the point is that Spurge could well be Mafia based off this early encounter

Refresh my memory would you please? (genuine not sarcastic. If it has happened i wanna know) 

Yeah, Spurge COULD be mafia, but then so could everyone. Statistically speaking probably 2-4 of the players who have already posted are probably mafia. Spurge throws out random suspicion every other post. What's your point? 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

hatmoza said:
I have a question for the new players, and only the new players.

How do you feel about mafia games so far? Also are you confused between this thread and the Quick topic thread prof sent you in the PM? Because if you are, I can give you friendly beginner's advice on how they work.

I think they're lots of fun. I am confused now. I didn't get a quick topic thread, but I'll ask prof if I should have one. Finally, I see what you did there!

Checking in. Thoughts so far:
nen's likely scum, breaking up the early town vibes before the suspect pool shrinks too much.
I shall consider Stefl as confirmed town.
A quick policy/No lynch is exactly what scum want, thus we will have no such thing.
radish seems too focused on what he did last round and is conveniently leaving out that he thought I was scum and trying to get rid of him.(Pshaw) Hooray points for being active so far though.

The Dolphin reporting in.

hatmoza said:

Contrary, because he's new it makes it feel more genuine. Like he doesn't have fear of any consequences from what he says. On the other hand a newb scum would be more cautious as not to disappoint their team mates. At least, that's how I feel newcomers behave.

All in all town vibes from hatmoza. All his points so far, which is extremely rare or even maybe something I've never truly exprienced.

About Spurge, as random as he is, he can be a huge asset to town, if he is town. My last game I played I was mafia and he was right incessantly...

He has great intuition, but is extremely incoherent.

Nen being dark as usual, seeing evil where I see it not. Who knows, he may be right.

Linkzmax said:
hatmoza said:
I have a question for the new players, and only the new players.

How do you feel about mafia games so far? Also are you confused between this thread and the Quick topic thread prof sent you in the PM? Because if you are, I can give you friendly beginner's advice on how they work.

I think they're lots of fun. I am confused now. I didn't get a quick topic thread, but I'll ask prof if I should have one. Finally, I see what you did there!

Checking in. Thoughts so far:
nen's likely scum, breaking up the early town vibes before the suspect pool shrinks too much.
I shall consider Stefl as confirmed town.
A quick policy/No lynch is exactly what scum want, thus we will have no such thing.
radish seems too focused on what he did last round and is conveniently leaving out that he thought I was scum and trying to get rid of him.(Pshaw) Hooray points for being active so far though.

ahahahah XD

Around the Network
DarkThanatos said:
radishhead said:
DarkThanatos said:
radishhead said:

Refresh my memory would you please? (genuine not sarcastic. If it has happened i wanna know) 

Yeah, Spurge COULD be mafia, but then so could everyone. Statistically speaking probably 2-4 of the players who have already posted are probably mafia. Spurge throws out random suspicion every other post. What's your point? 

It happened two rounds in a row and then once more later on; I reckon you were playing in the third round when it happened. 

It's not about the fact that Spurge put suspicion on someone, it's about the fact that he put suspicion on me. Generally speaking, players who put suspicion on me early are Mafia because they like mislynches, and I don't normally respond to such targeting until I'm on around L5 - this makes the mafia assume that they can start a line of suspicion early and then detach themselves from it later. Mario did it last game, pretty sure Linkz did it 3-4 rounds ago - I think Spurge is doing it this game.

Not every player is equal on day 1. Some of them are generally stayed away from, whereas others make decent targets - the fact that I like Day 1 no lynch never helps my cause, but I do it anyway because it's a solid strategy in my opinion. It seems that you've taken more than a slight interest in this chain of events, which leads me to suspect slightly that you could be concerned that I've discovered something already- however I think you a good enough player to not show this surprise if you genuinely were Mafia partners with Spurge, so I'll ignore that for now.

Notice that Spurge is already gathering a list of people that should be lynched should he be killed tonight. In the case of a town player, this is a genuine way to voice some opinions before death; but at the beginning of day 1? It seems that he's jumping the gun a little - maybe he's been startled by a reaction that he wasn't expecting. Maybe not - I suppose we'll see eventually.

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Nothing personal though Spurge- that was all theoretical stuff. I'll be looking at other people's posts too

Watch me on YouTube!

spurgeonryan said:
Holy Shit! You and dt sure went off the deep end off a little ping post.

You two cray cray?

Thorough.

I had the entire day off today, so i can concentrate on the game :P 

I actually just wanted the specific game that it happened to Radish, but oh well. He seems very paranoid, but he is also actually posting a lot. Maybe he is always paranoid, but doesn't post enough for me to pick up on it? ;) 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

DarkThanatos said:
spurgeonryan said:
Holy Shit! You and dt sure went off the deep end off a little ping post.

You two cray cray?

Thorough.

I had the entire day off today, so i can concentrate on the game :P 

I actually just wanted the specific game that it happened to Radish, but oh well. He seems very paranoid, but he is also actually posting a lot. Maybe he is always paranoid, but doesn't post enough for me to pick up on it? ;) 

I imagine that's probably the case- I try not to, but I'm probably one of the most paranoid mafia players on the site. I'll try to be calmer to actually allow discussion to happen.

Watch me on YouTube!

Yes, really. I'm not saying we need a long drawn out Day where half of the town loses interest. But not getting everyone to be active beyond simply "Lynch FF yes/no?" or "No Lynch yes/no?" would be quite bad. Scum thrive in the Night, when they don't have to keep their stories straight or pretend to have suspicions. Letting them off the hook from crucial Day 1 impressions is far better for them than giving a chance to plant those seeds of suspicion. And even those seeds can be a benefit if/when the planter is exposed.