By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Round 1: Official Best VG Character of All Time Tournament

Which One

Nico Belic 27 58.70%

Zhao Yun 16 34.78%

Total:43
Salnax said:
Boss. Kratos is WAY overrated. And that's coming from somebody who enjoys God of War.

I agree with you.  I feel Kratos and Masterchief has that in common.  Both have amazing games but as characters they are both lacking

Around the Network

updated with Mario vs Shao Kahn

I didn't even get to vote in the poll with Kratos vs Boss, I think you should have the polls up a little longer. Anyway I would've voted Kratos easily, not only does he looks awesome aesthetically he has the best back-story in gaming and he is a surprisingly deep character when you analyse him throughout the series, more so than 95%+ characters in other games. Also I like that Kratos isn't a typical generic goody two-shoes hero boy here to save the day not willing to make any sacrifices but a relentless badass who doesn't let anything get in his way to enact revenge on those who betrayed, used and manipulated him.

Oi, Jay, how can you compare Kratos to Master Chief? Not only does MC look like a glorified power ranger but I've played every Halo except Halo 4 and MC has barely got a character or back-story at all, even if you fail to understand Kratos' motives or haven't played all the games to know his tragic back-story and just went straight to GoW3 not playing/reading about all the other games he's still got significantly more personality and character than MC.

I don't even know who Boss is to be honest but if he's from a Japanese game then I know I'd hate him, I just hate Japanese games/anime series and most of their films.

nomnomnom

JustThatGamer said:
I didn't even get to vote in the poll with Kratos vs Boss, I think you should have the polls up a little longer. Anyway I would've voted Kratos easily, not only does he looks awesome aesthetically he has the best back-story in gaming and he is a surprisingly deep character when you analyse him throughout the series, more so than 95%+ characters in other games. Also I like that Kratos isn't a typical generic goody two-shoes hero boy here to save the day not willing to make any sacrifices but a relentless badass who doesn't let anything get in his way to enact revenge on those who betrayed, used and manipulated him.

Oi, Jay, how can you compare Kratos to Master Chief? Not only does MC look like a glorified power ranger but I've played every Halo except Halo 4 and MC has barely got a character or back-story at all, even if you fail to understand Kratos' motives or haven't played all the games to know his tragic back-story and just went straight to GoW3 not playing/reading about all the other games he's still got significantly more personality and character than MC.

I don't even know who Boss is to be honest but if he's from a Japanese game then I know I'd hate him, I just hate Japanese games/anime series and most of their films.

I disagree with you about Kratos but everybody has an opinion.  To me he is just an angry dude who wants to kill everybody and I think the God of War games are amazing which is why i compare it to halo.  The gameplay is great and the story is good but the main characters dont make the games for me.  That is what i was saying.  P.S. i haven't played any of God of War's prequels for PSP so i can't comment on them.

As far the chief goes he opens up a bit more in Halo 4 but as a whole he has been much like Link as he they wanted the person playing as him envision themselves being him.  He just isnt a deep character.  Cortana was more of the main character to me.  Oh and personally i love the way Masterchief looks XD  but just an opinion.

Boss is in Metal Gear solid 3.

I had boss vs Kratos for about 12 hours i believe.  i'm trying to see if i can get this thread stickied though so more people have the chance to vote though.  Other wise it will continue to not get very many votes.  Not enough people is commenting in the thread for this to stay in the hot topics to get votes.

Around the Network
JustThatGamer said:

You were making a good point or two until you admitted your bias against Japanese games and your complete ignorance of who The Boss is.

Long story short, The Boss is from Metal Gear Solid 3, a Japanese game. She was basically the leader of a team of superheroes, in which she basically performed the role of Batman. Notable moments in her backstory involve being in charge of a team of superhumans through being that damn impressive, performing a C-Section on herself during the D-Day invasion, stitching herself together, and going back into action, and damn near every scene she was in during Metal Gear Solid 3.

The Boss was an antihero, but a different kind than Kratos. Whereas Kratos was largely defined by his single goal of revenge against any who have wronged him, The Boss was all about understanding when she was being used, and choosing her own path regardless of the decisions of others. Whereas Kratos was a badass who was willing to leave a legacy of Ashes, The Boss was both a destroyer and a preserver, fighting for the things and people she cared for.

So yeah. She was a female Japanese soldier Batman. Sort of. A bit.

Anyway, do try to understand why people like me would prefer her to Kratos.

Love and tolerate.

Anyway, I voted for Mario. Sure, he's usually a blank slate, but Shao Khan doesn't impress me that much, and in the rare game where Mario is given a personality (his RPG's), he is a funny yet heroic figure who is fun to play as.

Love and tolerate.

EDIT: Unfortunately this got denied a sticky because we have the most wanted thread. So guys keep this thread alive if you all want more votes in the poll. I cant do anything else about it

Alright i have a question. How long should i leave each combatant up before changing them? I at least want to do two a day though.

Mario? Who's that?

Since I never heard of Mario I went with Shao Kahn.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!