By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Round 1: Official Best VG Character of All Time Tournament

Which One

Nico Belic 27 58.70%

Zhao Yun 16 34.78%

Total:43
badgenome said:
Which Vega? The Vega who is the fake M. Bison or the Vega who is the real Balrog?

How would he be the real Balrog if Balrog is black?  Also, I hate Balrog and always suck when using him.  He just plain sucks and if anyone is good with him then I give them mad props.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

How would he be the real Balrog if Balrog is black?  Also, I hate Balrog and always suck when using him.  He just plain sucks and if anyone is good with him then I give them mad props.

Balrog isn't black, M. Bison is.

And I am awesome with M. Bison.

badgenome said:
sethnintendo said:

Balrog isn't black, M. Bison is.

And I am awesome with M. Bison.

Just looked into on wiki and it appears this is all localization issue when bringing it to USA.  They switched the names around on them!

sethnintendo said:

Just looked into on wiki and it appears this is all localization issue when bringing it to USA.  They switched the names around on them!

Yeah. Having a Mike Tyson clone named Mike Bison flies in Japan, but it might open them up to a lawsuit here. So for some reason, instead of renaming just him, they gave him Balrog's name and then gave Balrog Vega's name!

badgenome said:
sethnintendo said:

Yeah. Having a Mike Tyson clone named Mike Bison flies in Japan, but it might open them up to a lawsuit here. So for some reason, instead of renaming just him, they gave him Balrog's name and then gave Balrog Vega's name!

I had it down but everytime I reread your sentence I start getting confused...

Vega is known as Balrog in Japan

Balrog is known as M. Bison in Japan

M. Bison is known as Vega in Japan

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

badgenome said:
sethnintendo said:

That is very intersting actually

Next competitors will be up in the morning. Any requests on the next two?

Who is Zeck Strife?

There is Cloud Strife, then there is Zack Fair lol.

I'm sneaking in one more vote for Banjo.