By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - DPRK possibly mobilizing for war...

mrstickball said:
FYI:

There are reports that North Korea is fueling their short and medium range missiles for strikes. If this is true, they've just about passed the Rubicon for mobilization.. They've never gone this far.

Nothing too serious. A day before a couple of B-2s have their drills in the sky of South Korea, as you might have expected, trolling North Koreans as usual. So they're trolling you back. Take this as muscle-flexing contest between the two.

You should not be worried anyway. If anything the US will dodge any possible consequences of any possible turmoil it causes as usual ;) except for response nuclear strike.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
North Korea knows that actual war would lead to their utter destruction. Constant brinksmanship is the best scenario for them, and this is merely another play there

This. This whole north korea thing is just an another boogeyman at play in the gorverment media. Its an effective distraction from their own political/ economic failings at home.

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

N. Korea isn't going to do anything unless that pudgy little kid running N. Korea right now is really insane and wants his country completely destroyed.

War probably won't happen but it seems like a real fear now. I hope North Korea don't do anything reckless, for their and our sake. If you want war, at least feed your army first.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Here's a link to the most recent happenings: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/30/world/asia/kim-jong-un-of-north-korea-orders-missile-readiness.html?_r=0

They seem very serious about this but I honestly have a hard time comprehending anything actually happening.

Around the Network

Won't north koreans be surprised when american troops show up and are super friendly and protect civilians.

Mr Khan said:
North Korea knows that actual war would lead to their utter destruction.

I'd say this is actually questionable. Kim Jong Il probably knew this, which is why when tensions did increase every now and then things were left to cool off before anything major kicked off. Kim Jong Un is still really an unknown entity and doens't have the political experience his father did. Kim Jong Il was groomed for over 20 years before he took power. Kim Jong Un didn't even get 2, and he appears to be pushing things further than his father ever did.

There are a couple potential scenarios of what could be going on behind the scences in North Korea. From whats is going on, my guess is that he believes his father's propaganda about the strength of North Korea. He believes they actually could win and is prepared to go to war. Alternatively, given the limited transistion period, Kim Jong Un may actually not be pulling the strings and his generals my be ruling through him. No one has a clue what these guys are like and they may be eager to go to war given all the build up in the North Korean military over the years.

I've said this on a few sites now, but given that North Korea tends to time things around events in Kim Il Sung's life, my guess is if its going to happen, it will happen on the 15th April (Kim Il Sung's birthday).

The DPRK just declared war on South Korea:

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2013/03/30/0200000000AEN20130330000500315.HTML

Not sure if this will lead to anything, but its pretty crazy that they're going this far.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Wow. I'm at the age where half of my friends are filling out their mandatory draft forms. Of course, there will never be a draft due to a conflict with North Korea, but the thought still gets into your psyche. It's frightening when your nation might get involved in another war.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

mrstickball said:
The DPRK just declared war on South Korea:

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2013/03/30/0200000000AEN20130330000500315.HTML

Not sure if this will lead to anything, but its pretty crazy that they're going this far.

I thought the funnier part was where he ordered his army to target us cities.