By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - DPRK possibly mobilizing for war...

Its getting interesting in Korea...

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2013/03/06/0200000000AEN20130306003500315.HTML

There was a twitter feed that said that the DPRK was going to nullify the 1953 truce if the military exercises between the ROK and USA were going to continue on March 11th. If the DPRK does a full mobilization... Watch out.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I'm Korean, and I have to say, all you people exaggerate the situation in Korea SOOOOO much.

I really should listen more to my grandpa.

Americans are being fed government bullshit so they can justify American "involvement" as they aggravate both sides to take action.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

They won't start a real war, they just want to maintain their own 1984 by keeping this "perpetual war" that goes nowhere.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

North Korea knows that actual war would lead to their utter destruction. Constant brinksmanship is the best scenario for them, and this is merely another play there

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

FYI, the DPRK has begun to cover public transportation in camouflage netting. The last time this happened was when they withdrew from the NPT. They've also deployed a number of subs into the yellow sea.

Around the Network

In politics and war (which is ultimately politics by other means) the signalling value of actions is often greater than the actions themselves. Especially with China signalling that they're only barely tolerating North Korea (in order to retain the status quo) NK has to know that any conflict would be unwinnable.

At most, they might shell some training grounds. This isn't like Iraq in the first gulf war, where Hussein thought that we wouldn't care enough about Kuwait to wage a major war over it. This is South Korea, who we're pretty well wedded to.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Sometimes, I don't know if NK is really as crazy as many of us perceive them to be, or if they are just too pathetic and pull stunts like these to get foreign aid through food and money...

Could be both. Either way, NK would be wiped off the map if they ever attempted anything. South Korea and Japan are hot zones for U.S. military installations.

FYI, North Korea has cut off communication with the South. They're taking a lot of steps to prepare for war... Far more than they ever have.

This may actually be *it*

mrstickball said:
FYI, North Korea has cut off communication with the South. They're taking a lot of steps to prepare for war... Far more than they ever have.

This may actually be *it*

I thought they never communicated anyway...?

Don't they hate each other?

They're insane, but they aren't suicidal. They will do everything they can up to the point of war, but won't cross it. Remember when they sank that South Korean ship? Or shelled that island? Both of those should have led to major military responses, but they don't because even if North Korea would be crushed they have enough conventional ordinance to level most of South Korea's major cities (some missiles would probably fly Japan's way as well), and North Korea knows that nobody wants to provoke that.