By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is it bad that I'm happy someone died?

Its ok, dont worry, its honest.

Saludos de Chile

Around the Network

I personally think that nobody 'deserves' to die, and I'm not a religious person. I'm from Colombia and I know the context, I kind of guessed who they were going to name in the OP before entering.

It's ok, I guess, it's not like I'm going to tell you how you are suppose to react, or what you have to think. But, wishing death for others, it's not right in my books.

“I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.” --Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

While I can understand your happiness, stay tuned for the next few weeks. The opposition is not going to let Maduro or anybody else sided with Chavez get back on the throne without a fight.

I was born in Colombia, right beside ya but i never followed politics until i got to the U.S. Needless to say, you should not be celebrating his death. The fact that he is dead could mean great change, in the right direction for venezuela but getting drunk on someone's death is kind weird. I don't know, maybe it's just me. The man was scum in my eyes. All the money the country made in oil and i never noticed much progress for the people.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

If he was a bad man, then its fine that your celebrating his death.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I think you can be happy that a bad person no longer taints the world and will no longer harm the people of Venezuela. That is perfectly acceptable.

osed125 said:

I don't believe in God and I don't belong in any religion, so don't throw religious answer at me.

That's your problem right there. If you believed in God, all your sins would be forgiven.

You don't have to say it as you are happy that someone died. It's unfortunate that someone had to die in order to exact rightful change... but as someone said, that may not necessarily mean everything is sunshines and butterflies from now on. You can be happy that now there are people who have been freed from oppression... it's not necessarily that someone died, but that dying may have been likely to exact change. It could've been easily him going out some other way, but in this case, death was maybe the more likely way. It doesn't mean you necessarily worship death for this person, but that in this case, you were glad to see someone liberated as a result. Death is just the cause for desired change.... is one way to look at it.

See situation: Abusive father dies. You are maybe not happy to lose a father, but you don't have to miss him. You are mainly glad the abuse is over for yourself and anyone else.

I believe in an eye for an eye. Basically, that a murderer deserves death, as he/she dealt to someone else. I don't see why I should feel bad about that.

I figure most of us can agree the world is all-around a better place the less murderers we have running around.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

As long as you're happy and others around you aren't troubled for being same. All is well. Enjoy!