By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339

Yea, I used to make extra traps on the harder hunts back in the day. That is why I called myself the trap master. I'd bring some trap tools along with thunderbugs or spiderweb/net (I forget which one) and make extra traps. I would have some fail on making but I usually could get at least 1 or 2 extra traps on top of the traps that I took. Usually, I blow through my traps semi quick and let others save theirs for later.

Sometimes I would even bring honey to turn my potions into mega after I consumed all megas.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Luckyyyy, i envy you guys! Im waiting on my copies. Damn Estimate of Friday~Tuesday. Knowing my black/Irish luck it'll come to me Tuesday -_-

BTW Conegamer, this thread will get way over 200 pages! This and Fire Emblem FTW

I don't know who you've been talking to, but Irish luck is well known to be good.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:
Luckyyyy, i envy you guys! Im waiting on my copies. Damn Estimate of Friday~Tuesday. Knowing my black/Irish luck it'll come to me Tuesday -_-

BTW Conegamer, this thread will get way over 200 pages! This and Fire Emblem FTW

I don't know who you've been talking to, but Irish luck is well known to be good.

Isn't it the more alcohol they consume the luckier they get?

sethnintendo said:
Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:

Pretty sure it isn't. May be wrong, though. I'm not Irish but I've been there a few times

Conegamer said:
sethnintendo said:
Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:

Pretty sure it isn't. May be wrong, though. I'm not Irish but I've been there a few times

im BlackUrish though (Black+Irish=Me)

Around the Network

So I just noticed they have the monster books for sale at the merchant. So I guess we don't have to try and identify each species like on Wii? I kind of enjoyed pointing at monsters first time and getting their info (although sometimes could be a semi pain in ass). I was thinking perhaps we would hold the gamepad up to the screen to capture their stats/info. I suppose since they have offscreen gamepad play they didn't include it. I haven't noticed the option for offscreen play yet but haven't dug too deep into options.

I did find the put sound to controller last night which was pretty awesome considering I didn't want to make noise and wake my roommate up. That head phone jack on the controller is actually pretty damn useful in some situations. I don't have any head phones with long enough cord to plug into my TV.

sethnintendo said:

So I just noticed they have the monster books for sale at the merchant. So I guess we don't have to try and identify each species like on Wii? I kind of enjoyed pointing at monsters first time and getting their info (although sometimes could be a semi pain in ass). I was thinking perhaps we would hold the gamepad up to the screen to capture their stats/info. I suppose since they have offscreen gamepad play they didn't include it. I haven't noticed the option for offscreen play yet but haven't dug too deep into options.

I did find the put sound to controller last night which was pretty awesome considering I didn't want to make noise and wake my roommate up. That head phone jack on the controller is actually pretty damn useful in some situations. I don't have any head phones with long enough cord to plug into my TV.

It doesn't have off-TV play though, right? As you say, but I think there's one coming in an update shortly.

sethnintendo said:
3nix said:
I have to look more into the time zones so we can work together because those online hunts are already not easy. Hunting the qurupeco was not easy because it kept calling the rathian lol, but we killed it. I would highly recommend spending at least like 5 to 7 hours playing offline to get better equipment. Fought the royal Ludroth as well Mad55 attacks were bouncing off and normal Infinite S1 bullets weren't doing any justice :p. In the end Mad55 died (I think) and there was about 1 minute left AND I got teamed by little ludroths.

Sounds like a noob massacre...  Must get better equipment!

Lol knawll we just couldnt kill the royal ludroth with our weapons we never lost. though connect disconnected us with a minute left which is why enix thought I died. Though yea it has been a minute since weve played better equipment is the name of the game today lol. The qurupecomission was pretty cool though we managed to kill his clappin ass.

Conegamer said:
sethnintendo said:

It doesn't have off-TV play though, right? As you say, but I think there's one coming in an update shortly.

Yea, I thought there was a thread stating that.  I suppose it might come in an update.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/20/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-save-transfer-utility-not-available-ye/

Why why why

I wanna try online, but got 7 hours on my 3DS save, no turning back!