By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 7 franchises this gen

Based on the posts so far, I'll assume you mean franchises that started this gen. NOTE: Most of the franchises on my list, I have beaten only one game am currently about half way through the second. Most of them.
1. Mario Galaxy series
2. Batman Arkham series
3. Uncharted series
4. No More Heroes series
5. COD: Modern Warfare series
Mario, Batman and COD have existed for a while but changed things up this gen. I haven't yet played series like Bioschock which I know are among the best new franchises this gen and I've played decent games like Prototype which are fun but definitely not among the best of the gen.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
DialgaMarine said:
Even having been a huge Resistance fan, I do somewhat have to disagree with it's place here. Where Resistance 1 was beautiful, and Resistance 2 had some of the greatest competitive and co-op MP I've ever played, Resistance 3 was seriously lacking, and just about ruined the franchise for me. It removed pretty much everything that set the first 2 apart, royally f*cked up the story, took away the awesome co-op, and gave a us a lousy MP that was nothing more than CoD with Resistance weapons. The game sucked. I don't even need to mention Burning Skies.... *shudders*

Uncharted was an obvious given. Infamous was brilliant too. The 2nd one pretty much demolished the first in every way.

I know it technically isn't a franchise, but I would've figured The Last of Us might have been honorably mentioned. Fantastic game.

I would, actually, argue that Resistance 3 brought back many of the mechanics that made the original so much fun. As most other Resistannce fans agree, it was R2 that "royally" messed many things up (ex - removing the Weapon Wheel as one stand out feature was unforgivable to many).

I would agree as far as to say that Resistance 2's SP really wasn't good, but the competitive and co-op were where it hit home. Yeah, it was missing the weapon wheel, but it at least kept the same mechanics and fun ass weapons that made Resistance 1 so fun, while adding new dimensions to certain weapons, making the MP hectic, yet enjoyable. My problem with R3 was it turned the story in a completely different direction that made no sense after the events of the first 2, and turned the MP into a CoD knockoff. The game just wasn't fun, beyond the weapon wheel.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
CGI-Quality said:

I would, actually, argue that Resistance 3 brought back many of the mechanics that made the original so much fun. As most other Resistannce fans agree, it was R2 that "royally" messed many things up (ex - removing the Weapon Wheel as one stand out feature was unforgivable to many).

I would agree as far as to say that Resistance 2's SP really wasn't good, but the competitive and co-op were where it hit home. Yeah, it was missing the weapon wheel, but it at least kept the same mechanics and fun ass weapons that made Resistance 1 so fun, while adding new dimensions to certain weapons, making the MP hectic, yet enjoyable. My problem with R3 was it turned the story in a completely different direction that made no sense after the events of the first 2, and turned the MP into a CoD knockoff. The game just wasn't fun, beyond the weapon wheel.

I'd agree with a lot of this. Resistance 2's MP was probably my fave from the series as it was hectic, yet a lot of fun. An option to co-op the campaign in 2 would have been nice but I don't think the SP in R2 was anywhere near as bad as fans make out. I enjoyed the SP in R3 as well, but it could have been an entirely different franchise.

Then again, I thought R1's SP was highly overated.