By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thief announced for PC/PS4 and other next-gen console

Thief was a good series, but I'm not expecting a good game out of this. It looks really bad as well, not sure why it's PS4/Nextbox only as it looks worse than Assassin's Creed 3.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
pezus said:
Exciting. Never played Thief but always liked the concept.

really?  too young or why? thief 1 and 2 were awesome when they came out

Indeed! But the third one made a few mistakes and moved into the wrong direction in my opinion. This title was paired with Deus Ex: Invisible War, Thief 3 and Deus Ex 2 shared both graphics engines and philosophy; move away from the original. Thinking about how Deus Ex: Human Revolution returned to the roots without stepping backwards in any sense wowed me and remains among my top ten games for the last five years, I have a thing sliver of hope for Thief 4.

Bajablo said:
Kinda looks like dishonored?..

And Assassin's Creed sadly. Sadly, because AC, while I like them for their amazing atmosphere, provide no true gameplay or challenge whatsoever.

Thief Coverage Trailer - Game Informer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpRsOQ4MS_8

Where's the source for this? (beyond the image links)

Around the Network

So is this game like Dishonored, because that game sucked?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/03/05/april-cover-revealed-thief.aspx

Here's a source.

All I see is text in the OP.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

i hope they will put the focus more on action and add micro-transactions

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

PC version a go go

Though Wii U version?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)