By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Japan president: PS Vita sales have increased four-fold

Roma said:
but those are amazing numbers for Vita

congratulations

don't be negative guys!

Now let's hope the same numbers for the Wii U when it gets a price cut!

Around the Network
Claymore said:
Awful numbers if true I was expecting 70k at least, with 45K I expect to hit 10K again within 5-6 weeks.

I don't think so, I'll be surprised if it falls below 15k again.

Just check 3DS #'s for japan only.

2 weeks prior to price cut= 16,165
1 week prior to price cut= 3,928
Price Cut Week (no games)= 206,065

it was about 12 or 13 times more than two weeks prior with no major releases.

Sounds about right, not sure why people always cream their pants and make ridiculous predictions after random reports of sellouts plus a few lineup pictures.

Aj_habfan said:
Sounds about right, not sure why people always cream their pants and make ridiculous predictions after random reports of sellouts plus a few lineup pictures.

some people just BELIEVE lol, even though im pretty sure The software titles did very well. My guess in Vita hardware in japan was 55k, then 45k, 45k, then back down and averaging 30k a week imo

Around the Network

I don't normally do this but it's annoying when someone is moving the goal post just to say anything negative.

Just click the link.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5134430

NoCtiS_NoX said:

I don't normally do this but it's annoying when someone is moving the goal post just to say anything negative.

Just click the link.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5134430

Yes I expected 70k frist week then a few 20-30k weeks and 10k again within 5-6 weeks and I'll stand by that.

tbone51 said:

Go back to the week before the price cut was announced. 32k. An increase of 6.5 times.

the_dengle said:
tbone51 said:

Go back to the week before the price cut was announced. 32k. An increase of 6.5 times.

Thats two weeks prior isn't it? Or thats wat you meant?

tbone51 said:
the_dengle said:
tbone51 said:

Thats two weeks prior isn't it? Or thats wat you meant?

3DS was selling ~32k per week in Japan then Nintendo annouced the price cut which would take place in 3 weeks so the sales went ~32k -> 16k ->4k -> 206k -> 103k -> 50k -> etc. As such you could argue that ~45k of the price cuts FW came from people simply waiting for the price cut to take place after it was annouced. 

Anyway the end result is that 4x the sales is a reasonable result but in the end the question is -- where will weekly vita sales end up sitting at? 10k again? 15k? 20k? 25k? that is the number that really matters in the long term.