By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Japan president: PS Vita sales have increased four-fold

44k is more than I expected. Not sure where everyone keeps getting this 50k magic number.

Edit: while vita sold 11k last week, it was only selling around 7-8 the weeks before so we might not even see 44k depending on what numbers he's looking at. 

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Thats two weeks prior isn't it? Or thats wat you meant?

Nope, the cut was announced on July 28. So we should use sales from the week ending July 24, since 3DS sales dropped by 50% the week after. I would rather suggest an average of sales across multiple weeks, but that's not what Sony is doing.

Makes little sense to compare the two, anyway.

Soriku said:

The translation is actually the past two weeks COMBINED x 4. So like 76k.

I noticed the translation seemed a little weird. Let's hope this is what was meant. That would be much better.

Well after being so nice about the WiiU being doomed I don't think ill hold my comments back anymore after seeing some of these childish comments on here.

Claymore said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

I don't normally do this but it's annoying when someone is moving the goal post just to say anything negative.

Just click the link.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5134430

Yes I expected 70k frist week then a few 20-30k weeks and 10k again within 5-6 weeks and I'll stand by that.

Oh yep, thats not what I read.

think-man said:
Claymore said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

I don't normally do this but it's annoying when someone is moving the goal post just to say anything negative.

Just click the link.

Yes I expected 70k frist week then a few 20-30k weeks and 10k again within 5-6 weeks and I'll stand by that.

Point out to me where I posted frist week price cut numbers you know I'am really interested?

Around the Network
Claymore said:

Point out to me where I posted frist week price cut numbers you know I'am really interested?

this made me take a look at your posting history and that's a sad sight - so much focus on Sony and always you try to portrait anything they do in a negative light

Lafiel said:
Claymore said:

this made me take a look at your posting history and that's a sad sight - so much focus on Sony and always you try to portrait anything they do in a negative light

Lol he didn't even have time to put up an avatar, just straight into the sony hate XD

Claymore said:
think-man said:
Claymore said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Just click the link.

You expected 70k but never said anything until now? how strange....So you do predictions starting from second week sales not first? interesting....

Not impressed at all with those numbers.

!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."