By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Japan president: PS Vita sales have increased four-fold

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president Hiroshi Kawano has said during a One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 presentation in Japan today that PlayStation Vita sales in the country have increased about four times the amount of units the platform was moving two weeks prior—before the system’s February 28 price drop 

Two weeks ago, PS Vita was selling around 11,000 units in Japan. That could mean sales will be as high as 44,000 this week. But we can’t be sure which numbers Kawano is referring to. It’d be best to wait for Wednesday morning’s full sales breakdown.

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/sony-japan-president-ps-vita-sales-have-increased-four-fold

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

after its FIRST price drop, of course sales will increase. only 44k though?

I wouldn't be bragging about 44k after such a hefty price drop and all of the games released that day.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Thank you Mr. Sony Japan President for releasing such a vague and confusing statement.

I guess it's waiting for Media.Create then, like it always is.

I said that, maybe a pic at 50k but not many more unfortunately

Around the Network

It's still a good sign

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

It's still a good sign

Not particularly. As was mentioned in the other thread, anything under 50k would be a bit of a disaster really, especially FW. Let's just hope it's wrong.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Not beating the 3DS?

sounds like it keeps on underperforming.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Conegamer said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It's still a good sign

Not particularly. As was mentioned in the other thread, anything under 50k would be a bit of a disaster really, especially FW. Let's just hope it's wrong.

So increasing the sales by 4 times isn't a good sign? Or are you thinking of the mythical handheld race?

The 3DS is has fantastic numbers in Japan, it sits far out of reach of the Vita, it will never be caught ... but that doesn't change the fact this is a good sign. I'm not saying you are one of those people, but I find it pretty sad that some people wish for the failure of another console in order to enjoy the success of their chosen console.

The PS5 Exists.