By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I had a nightmare last night: Nintendo announced Mario Sunshine 2 as Wii U's 3D Mario

I think it must be because of how much the Wii U reminds me of the Gamecube, between Pikmin, their bid to "win back" core gamers, and Wind Waker HD, another game I dislike from a series I love. Also, Luigi's Mansion 2, another sequel to GCN heavyweight. They seem to be targeting the GCN fanbase.

All I can say is, I really hope this one doesn't come true. Especially since the nightmare was of E3, where they didn't announce any other new games, and just showed Mario Kart, Yarn Yoshi, Smash Bros, Wonderful 101, and Wind Waker HD trailers before spending the rest of the show talking about brand new 3DS games.

No nightmare predictions about Sony and MS, sorry to say, I only remember the Nintendo conference!

Around the Network

Hey, if the Wii U supports software comparable to the Gamecube library, I'll be a happy man :)

But I suspect it will be Super Mario Universe. It just makes too much sense.

If they were actually targeting the GCN fanbase, the Wii U would be at least as powerful if not more so than Ps4/720, we'd have some actual "core" games and games showing off cutting edge graphics like Rogue Squadron 4, and 3rd parties wouldn't be running for the hills from it so soon.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I hope they make a Pokemon Colesseum style game for the Wii U like they did on the Gamecube! I could use some HD Pokemon battles on the 50"tv in my living room and I actually like the fact they really limited you on what pokemon you could use since it forced me to use pokemon I never would catch for my team.

Needless to say if they did that then I would buy a Wii U, untill then I'll stick to my Vita and the Persona series.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Well, I think that if they make a new sunshine, it will be on handhelds.

Around the Network

I loved Super Mario Sunshine! How is this a nightmare?

You need to be less selfish. Mario deserve another vacation after all his DS and Wii activities!

I loved sunshine. That water gun was great to me. If that somehow did become the Mario for wii u I would be very happy.

I don't know if that's a nightmare

I loved sunshine! If they brought a sequel for it I'd be happy. FLUDD was great.