By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - what annoys you the most on here?

what do you like more?

pizza 41 45.05%

burgers 22 24.18%

fried chicken 19 20.88%

see results 9 9.89%

Total:91

Usually i'm not too fond of these kind of threads, mostly because it all becomes a big mud-slinging contest between factions on VGC, but i'm just going to tackle one of the issues that has always annoyed me since I joined:

Hypocrisy.

It runs rampant here in the forums and if affects a lot of users from all the "camps" here in VGC. People who post threads attacking X console because of Y feature or Z game, thinking they're entitled to do so and then, when the tables are turned, play the victim card and say that the opposite camp members are the worst around here and their own camp has never done anything wrong.
It's a very ciclic thing and it usually happens a lot whenever there's a new reveal from Microsoft, Nintendo and/or Sony, or when a big game gets released.

This hypocrisy also happens between fans of individual series, especially when said series are some of the oldest and longest running series in VG history. Instead of having a healthy discussion when topics from said series arises, the threads usually boil down into name calling anyone who appreciates X game from the series in detriment of Y game, and the usual "i'm a true fan of the series and you're not" is one of the biggest phrases thrown in those threads as well.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
"Unbiased" people. More specifically, the type who pretends to have an honest interest in all platforms and likes to talk about the things that need to materialize to be won over. Goalposts are moved when criteria are met while one selected console manufacturer seems to get a free pass and somehow does everything right. Another thing that those people don't seem to notice is that their bias shines through whenever there is an opportunity to take sides. They struggle to present an objective point of view, so in most cases they will pick a side.

Names Rol...names.

spurgeonryan said:
One word spammers.

@ Above

"Takes out popcorn and watches the show. Will Pezus and man bear be banned next?"

Man bear pig is already banned

@pezus. you don't have to reply to every goddamn post!!!!!

Jay520 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

If I had my way I'd do away with the non-gaming forums and make this a purely video game oriented site.

so I see you a fan of hamsters :p

The thing that annoys me most about this site is the abundance of threads that break the rules (duplicate threads, pointless threads, threads with no substance, etc), and the mods who are so reluctant to do anything about it. These shitty threads often drown out the decent threads that spring up every once in a while.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
No. I am Jelly of PEzus, Man Bear is Jelly of RolStoppable.

Why would you be jelly of pezus? You got more points than him, isn't that what both of you are after?

pezus said:
Deyon said:

Why would you be jelly of pezus? You got more points than him, isn't that what both of you are after?

No, we're after world domination

You couldn't dominate a bird's nest if i asked you to, pezus.

spurgeonryan said:
*Eats popcorn while watching the show of which member ( pezus or Deyon) will be banned next)

Who destroyed the thread? Is it black for anyone else?

Pezus destroyed the thread with his multiple 2 word replys.

Deyon said:
pezus said:
Deyon said:

lol you do realize you are saying that to king playstation right?

bananaking21 said:
Deyon said:
pezus said:

lol you do realize you are saying that to king playstation right?

You guys are blinded by his evil icelandic charm and i'm here to save you people from his evilness.