By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony teases “highly significant” unannounced PS3 games

teigaga said:
why does everyone forget about puppeteer :(

it is nice, but it wont sell consoles. (Maybe in japan though :D)

Around the Network

Can we say this is pretty much GT6 then?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Sal.Paradise said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Releasing GT 6 ins PS3 is not a stupid thing to do.
If Sony succeed in creating a stigma that they support their console for long time then it bodes well for them in the future. Long term gain >>>>>> short term gain.

Releasing GT 6 in PS4 side by side with Drive club. That is what you called stupid.

I see focusing on long term gain rather than short term gain as putting GT6 on PS4 to ensure its healthy growth as a platform, instead of putting it on PS3 where easier money can be made from its current larger install base. And I don't think it would have to compete with Drive Club, they could easily release DC within the first few months of PS4's life, and start teasing GT6 by their first E3, without crossing wires. 

GT5, for some fans is the best racing game ever, and for other it was a bit disspointing (at least that what I read from time to time, hopefully they are not trolls lol), so I think that they want to make stronger the foundation of GT as a franchise, and the best way to do that is by showing you the game the game is awesome, and that you can play it already without buying a new console.    If it s true that some fans did not like the game, then people will be a bit exceptical about GT on the PS4, and Sony does not want that.   What Sony wants is, that when they release a GT on the PS4, the 10M userbase will jump to he PS4.   And by releasing the game on the PS3 you have guaranteed that the game will sell millions of millions of copies.

I really think it is a really brillian plan, because if the game was to be released spring next year for the PS4, the userbase wont be that big, so it could hurt the franchise.  

At first I was like some people here asking why would they release a great game on a current gen console, instead of a next gen, with God Of War 2.   And even though it was on PS2, the game was a masterpiece on the console.    So I think they want to do the same with GT6 they want to take the PS3 to the limits and beyond, and make the best racing game ever created, till today obviously.

EDIT: Also Drive Club is a way to entince gamers that love racing games.     If the game is a AAA title, and by being exclusive, it will sell really great, and that will allow for example, that they can cycle the franchises,  you get a Drive Club and after a while you get a  GT game, and after that maybe another Drive Club game, and so on.   so would would get 4 racing games in the PS4 generation instead of 2 :)

I don't think this is about exclusives, but say the next COD which is highly significant

irstupid said:
Apparently they liked what they saw Square Enix do at their conference.

Announcing that they will announce something later on.

They just had too much to announce at one time, gotta spread it out instead of dropping a bombsell that takes 3 hours.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Releasing GT 6 ins PS3 is not a stupid thing to do.
If Sony succeed in creating a stigma that they support their console for long time then it bodes well for them in the future. Long term gain >>>>>> short term gain.

Releasing GT 6 in PS4 side by side with Drive club. That is what you called stupid.

Agreed.

Scisca said:
I think it's crazy for Sony to release 1st party games on PS3 when Vita is struggling so hard and PS4 is about to enter the market in such difficult times.

Clearly the insight is towards the higher selling system, release more softwares to add more momentum. Like Sony stated, PS3 isn't going out any time soon.

irstupid said:
Apparently they liked what they saw Square Enix do at their conference.

Announcing that they will announce something later on.

They just had too much to announce at one time, gotta spread it out instead of dropping a bombsell that takes 3 hours.

kowenicki said:

You know how years ago I said GT6 would come to he PS3 and many, many people, probably including you, said that wasn't happening.

And you know how I said this was one of the reasons GT5 wouldn't hit that target you set......

Well I still think the GT6 will not be release on PS3... I'm just hyping .

I have two theories now:

GT6 on PS3 = this year
GT6 on PS4 = 2015 (a prologue late 2014)

Can be a mix too... GT6 on PS3 this year and GT7 on PS4 in 2015 (a prologue late 2014).

My first 15 million target GT5 will never reach... my second 10 million late 2012 target is still possible or at least close (9,190k late September... even so I predicted 9,970k late of September but 10 million late December is possible). Anyway the target date for 10 million was until the 2nd GT aniversary (Black Friday 2012)... I think I didn't got right that prediction but I'm happy I was close... if PD not updated the site for 10 million in end of December then they will do for end of March.

Carl2291 said:
If its GT6 then someone at Sony needs firing.

Transition game with probably more content and stuff on PS4 compared to PS3.
There will be a catch to buy the PS4 version.

They make so much money with that strategy cause there is no competition for Gran Turismo in the gaming market.
Even a Demo is doing good enough to get the money back of a 60 Million $ development project.

If its GT6 then someone needs to get a medal cause he will manage to sell a lot with a RACING Game in this shooter oriented Gen...AGAIN.