By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony teases “highly significant” unannounced PS3 games

GT6 better not be on PS3....

Around the Network

'gt6 better not be on ps3'
Firstly, it'll be making use of their engine currently written for the CellBBE, they spent a long time working on it, so it makes sense that they'd like to get a little more use out of it before moving on entirely, PS3 or not if they made a new version of GT5 that had ALL the calls be premium models and not mostly upscaled GT4 models and textures, i certainly wouldn't complain, and definitely would be in line to buy it.

Secondly, people act like a studio can't work on two games at once - all of the premium models in GT5 are using geometry that is 'optimized' from the high poly originals, all of which they still have - so Polyphony have extremely high poly models for all of their premium cars and any further ones they're making for GT6, these can easily be used to make a new, next-gen game, 95% of polyphonys workload is building the models for all the cars, and in the past, trying to make the most out of the PS3 arch, it's very feasable that a new, next gen version could be made within a year or two of starting - additionally a look on their jobs site reveals job openings for vehicle and environmental modellers.

Last but not least, i fail to see, at all, how a company supporting the console they're about to make obsolete is a bad thing, in any way, to assume otherwise is silly.

teigaga said:
why does everyone forget about puppeteer :(

Because that one is already officially announced for a while.

And I can't wait for it :)

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Releasing GT 6 ins PS3 is not a stupid thing to do.
If Sony succeed in creating a stigma that they support their console for long time then it bodes well for them in the future. Long term gain >>>>>> short term gain.

Releasing GT 6 in PS4 side by side with Drive club. That is what you called stupid.

I see focusing on long term gain rather than short term gain as putting GT6 on PS4 to ensure its healthy growth as a platform, instead of putting it on PS3 where easier money can be made from its current larger install base. And I don't think it would have to compete with Drive Club, they could easily release DC within the first few months of PS4's life, and start teasing GT6 by their first E3, without crossing wires. 

GT6 will not release this year, we might see GT6 Prologue for both PS34, next year GT6 will come out on both consoles or only on PS4 so GT players on PS3 make the shift to next gen.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Scisca said:
I think it's crazy for Sony to release 1st party games on PS3 when Vita is struggling so hard and PS4 is about to enter the market in such difficult times.

What if the games were in development before any PS4 dev kits were sent to those first parties...

Don't be so short-sighted.

They still have a vita that needs some help at the moment. 

Still great games coming out on PS3:
GoW Ascension
Ninokuni
Sly Thieves in Time
The Last of Us
Beyond
Tales of Xilia
Puppetteer
Until Dawn
Rain

And a bunch of other PSN and Japanese games.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I find it hard to believe it takes them 3 years to create GT6 if its on the current platform (assuming it releases this fall). Surely they can recycle a huge amount of content from GT5.

Really looking forward to E3, so many mysterious to be uncovered.

Can't wait for E3. Hope they have a lot more PS4 exclusives to show.