By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Activision Upset at Black Ops II Wii U Sales, Says Nintendo Fans Are All Talk

BaldrSkies said:
I read an article that said online multiplayer for Wii U CODBLOPS2 in Japan was down, and nobody even noticed it was down for over two days.

What article is that?

Around the Network

In a general sense the article is right, people mostly buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games. Nobody expected CODBLOP to sell well on WiiU, especially at full price.

WiiU software tie ratio: 2.03
Nintendo titles out on WiiU: 2

Even on Vita COD sold far more units than on Wii U,and the Vita version is crap and great games like Batman haven't sold more than 100000 units.

No Wonder 3rd parties aren't developing games for Nintendo as their games are ignored by Nintendo gamers.
The only thing they don't ignore is when games like rayman are delayed,though they wouldn't have bought them .

Would be interessting to find out wether 3rd parties are selling more games on Vita than on 3ds.

Idk, Xenoblade was released on a promise, and it sold what it was expected to sell. I just think it's a case by case thing.

Turkish said:
BaldrSkies said:
I read an article that said online multiplayer for Wii U CODBLOPS2 in Japan was down, and nobody even noticed it was down for over two days.

What article is that?

Well it's in Japanese. COD Japan and all. Official Squeenix announcement, also in Japanese.

Around the Network
SxyxS said:
Even on Vita COD sold far more units than on Wii U,and the Vita version is crap and great games like Batman haven't sold more than 100000 units.

No Wonder 3rd parties aren't developing games for Nintendo as their games are ignored by Nintendo gamers.
The only thing they don't ignore is when games like rayman are delayed,though they wouldn't have bought them .

Would be interessting to find out wether 3rd parties are selling more games on Vita than on 3ds.

The difference between the Wii U and Vita COD is that the Vita version is different from the console version. So COD fanboys, and Vita owners desperate for a game bought Black Ops: Declassified, even though its terrible.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

SxyxS said:

The Vita version was marketed a lot. It was hyped up at E3 and loads of gaming websites and there were countless ads on tv. Barely anyone knew Wii U had the best version of COD on its system. Nintendo is not marketing its system properly.

It's a good version of the game, and I commend them for that, but Call of Duty has ecosystems of millions of players on other consoles. In this case, even though it's the best version of the game, it would take a lot to get people to leave them--they'd need to find a way to get people to switch over en masse, or else it wouldn't work at all. This isn't necessarily representative of what all third parties can expect.

Although, I suppose I don't have much of an answer regarding the sales of games like Assassin's Creed.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
BaldrSkies said:
Turkish said:
BaldrSkies said:

What article is that?

Well it's in Japanese. COD Japan and all. Official Squeenix announcement, also in Japanese.

rolf thanks!

Ive played BF3 with Japanese people on ps3, it was fun, we had our own clan. Never thought I'd meet Japanese people playing shooters

It wouldn't surprise me if people said it was all talk, because a lot of it is. Let's face it; how many people who signed the Rayman Legends petition or complained about the delay were going to have got it by now? Not anywhere near as many as you'd think, that's for sure.

And, it's nice to have some negative press about the Wii U again. It's been going pretty well lately so I was getting concerned

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.